Domain Empire

Contacted by previous owner

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DomainDepot

Top Member
Impact
I recently bought an expired domain. I was contacted by the previous with the following message (see below). Would be curious to hear other people's thoughts on how to proceed. I have no bad faith/intent with the name, but I am also not in the domain game as a charity. Thank you for your thoughts!

DomainDepot

Email I received:

I am the previous owner of the domain (domain removed) and it had been my business domain for quite some time.

I was unable to renew the domain due to fraud on my bank account which caused me to lose money and have to change my bank and credit cards. This matter was cleared up this week and I am finally able to conduct business again.

I was made aware that you were able to purchase the domain yesterday and I would like to know if you would be willing to sell it back to me. I would be willing to reimburse you the registration fees and also pay you the amount that I would've paid to reconnect the domain.

Thank you in advance for your time,
Name Removed

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It happened to me in the past two times.
I sold the names back to them for $50 after checking to make sure they are not Namepros member.
They are small businesses and one of them is a candy store. They send me around 20 lbs. of candies to my house.

Now I have to spend thousand of dollar on medication because I am diabetic now :)

•••
It happened to me in the past two times.
I sold the names back to them for $50 after checking to make sure they are not Namepros member.
They are small businesses and one of them is a candy store. They send me around 20 lbs. of candies to my house.

Now I have to spend thousand of dollar on medication because I am diabetic now :)

Now you should grab a health insurance domain name and hope that a health insurance company would give you health coverage for 20 years for the domain.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back