IT.COM

question Contact form is sketchy

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hello. I hope this is the correct forum, and I hope I don't come off as too stupid (I'll settle for "moderately" stupid).

Anyway, I did up a quick do-it-yourself one-page website on Godaddy's "GoCentral". Seemed easy enough. When complete, I tested the contact info form (simple 3 field form: name, email address, message) from different computers with different IPs (works fine), different smartphones (works fine) and, finally, my old Kindle Fire (doesn't work).

When I visit the site on my Kindle Fire (Kindle Fire uses a Silk browser) and fill out the contact form and hit SEND, all it does is clear the form of my input, doesn't acknowledge that my message has been sent and I receive NO message to my designated email.

I online chatted with a GoDaddy rep and he says it must be on my part (didn't say how).

So I used my old Kindle Fire to go to another website I have (old, piece of crap site) that requires a much more intricate Contact form (many more fields).

It works fine.

I tried the Kindle on a website that wasn't mine and filled out a request form for more info on a book and...it worked fine.

So this problem appears to be on GoCentral's end but, as I mentioned before, they push it back on me.

I'd like to get into another discussion with GoCentral's (GoDaddy) support rep, but I want to sound reasonably intelligent as to what could be causing this problem.

A lot of people use Fire tablets, and I can't discard that segment.

So what do you guys think? Why is it that my Kindle Fire can successfully fill out other contact forms but not the one on the website I just set up with GoCentral?

I don't want to give out the name of this website as of yet, since it hasn't officially launched.

Thanks in advance.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back