NameSilo

Consumer Trends Report From CJ.com During Covid-19

Labeled as discuss in Domain Parking and Traffic Monetization, started by JB Lions, Mar 27, 2020

Replies:
Views:

1. JB Lions

JB Lions Top Contributor VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Not sure what forum this should go in, so mods could move to correct one if in the wrong place.

CJ.com one of the biggest affiliate networks just released the Consumer Trends Report today, anybody can read it - https://junction.cj.com/covid-19-network-consumer-trends-report

Looking at clicks and sales (actions), which will also give you insight into which domains could be hot right now as well.

So some obvious ones like Travel and Live Events taking a major hit, about 50% hit. Games and Toys taking a big hit as well, about 50%. I figured that would have went up but still thinking about that one.

Some hot ones - Business, Education, Food and Drinks

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. jjngjr

jjngjr Established Member

That is a little puzzling with games and toys taking a huge hit like that or any hit at all right now. Travel of course makes sense.

The top 3 things that were trending on searches at Flippa (from a webinar held yesterday, I checked out after about 20 minutes due to it was focused on primarily the sales or trend of sales or searches of websites.

They were: News sites
    Amazon
    and
    CBD

3. pb

pb Established Member ★★★★★★★★★★

Cutting nonessential spending is my bet.

People are playing the games they already have. No birthdays = buying less games and toys as well.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2020
  4. NameDeck

NameDeck Who's afraid of red ... VIP

They're definitely one of the best known affiliate networks around. Anybody who has been around for a while knows commission junction.

5. Samer

Samer Top Contributor VIP Blue Account

Sounds like the leading authority in their field.

6. NameDeck

NameDeck Who's afraid of red ... VIP

Ot: just noticed the agree/disagree button. nice !

And yeah, you're right. Stopped following them ages ago though but they're well recognized within the industry.

That being said, questioning leading businesses with authority isn't a bad thing :)

7. BrandCollectors.com

BrandCollectors.com Established Member

the most suck affiliate network
    i have had experience with cjunk.

8. JB Lions

I'm also cleaning up my affiliate bookmarks. Used to always check out Internet Retailer's top 500 merchants because I wanted to have them all on my coupon site. Looks like my bookmark goes here now - https://www.digitalcommerce360.com/internet-retailer/

All kinds of articles/insight:

Seclusion shopping: Consumers shop online during the coronavirus pandemic, but only for certain goods
    https://www.digitalcommerce360.com/...onavirus-pandemic-but-only-for-certain-goods/

Of course that article is more what I expected:
    "With many parents walking the tightrope between work and caring for children, online purchases of toys are growing. Toys, sporting goods and camping products increased sales by 200% from March 13-24 compared with a year earlier."

During the coronavirus, web traffic spikes for grocery retailers while jewelry traffic dips
    https://www.digitalcommerce360.com/...grocery-retailers-while-jewelry-traffic-dips/

Which makes sense. Luxury items like jewelry or fragrance would take a dip.

9. Abdullah Abdullah

Abdullah Abdullah Top Contributor VIP

@Samer CJ is the best that is there. I used it for long time and made money with them. @JB Lions I agree, games should be up

10. Domains Ted

Domains Ted Established Member

Thanks for Sharing!

11. Donmarick

Donmarick Established Member

Useful information changes are big.

12. JB Lions

Here is an obvious one I didn't think about. Weight equipment, home gyms.

Since many gyms closed (some reopening now), people had to workout from home but most don't have a lot of equipment if they have any at all.

Was talking to my brother today and they have some type of system but not free weights and apparently my nephew is really getting into it and was bored with they system they have. He has a white board with nutrition goals, taking protein shakes etc. I have some old weights for sale but they live in another state, would be too much to ship. I looked online at places where I bought my stuff, just lots of out of stocks.

Examples. I have an Ironmaster Bench, this page has 13 out of 14 products out of stock - https://www.ironmaster.com/categories/olympic-bars-and-plates/

If you check Amazon, weight plates, bars, dumbbells, most out of stock.

And they say this virus could be around for maybe a couple of years, maybe more stuff in the future.

So home gyms are really hot right now and should be for awhile. I actually sold a domain about that yesterday, in Escrow, but now I'm hoping they don't pay.

Side note, these are nice squat racks - https://www.roguefitness.com/rogue-rigs-racks/squat-stands

I have one of them and they also have an affiliate program.

Last edited: May 3, 2020

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
NameWorth
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice