Dynadot

discuss Consider payment plan for domain sales

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

YairDD

I'm cool, I think?Top Member
Impact
After talking with some domainers, I have realized there are still a lot of people who won’t offer a payment plan for their domains, because they don’t want to receive a small portion of the sale amount every month, but rather get the whole amount in full, they are also worried the buyer will default.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Getting money dripped to you is one aspect, same with defaulting...both fair reasons to sway against a plan. Also, may come down to the amount in question. If a 6 figure sum, a payment plan may be appropriate. If a 3 figure sum, maybe not. Not to count a persons pockets, but if a buyer requires a payment plan for such a sum, it would tell me he / she isn't as flush financially, resulting in my confidence being wavered. IMO

Last edited:
•••
After talking with some domainers, I have realized there are still a lot of people who won’t offer a payment plan for their domains, because they don’t want to receive a small portion of the sale amount every month, but rather get the whole amount in full, they are also worried the buyer will default.

https://domainflipping.io/2022/06/12/consider-payment-plan-for-domain-sales/
The link you posted goes to a 404 this is the good link I found on your site

https://domainflipping.io/consider-payment-plan-for-domain-sales/

•••
@jhm I totally agree. Selling the domains in 5-6 digits range - there are more chances the installment plan will be required, but if you sell $2000-$3000 - the majority of startups will have this kind of money to find the name they want, get a full ownership and start to build it.

Also, there is a technical side of it - with Epik for example (where I host many of my names) you need to set up these plans manually, which makes sense because then you can mark up an installment total to anything you like.. But it results in the constant need of changing these plans, if you change a regular price (and I do change them). Multiply by a few hundreds domains and you find yourself losing hours and hours adjusting the plans that no one is looking at... I know DAN is breaking plans for you automatically (but on the same as total price - which is a minus), but it simply is not my preferred platform.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back