IT.COM

purchases Is HugeDomains.com Payment Plan Safe?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

TOKOTOM

Impact
I am looking at purchasing a domain through HugeDomains.com and noticed they have a payment plan where you take ownership once your final payment is made. Has anyone experienced any issues with this process and is it safe to use? I've read numerous complaints online about hugedomains. I contacted them and they said they send you a sales agreement after your first payment and the domain is registered through NameBright. However, there's no third party domain holding involved. I just want to be sure that I can use the domain while I'm making payments and that the domain ownership will be transferred to me safely without any hurdles once my payments are completed.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Hey welcome to the forum, I can say with confidence their plans work. I personally have purchased several domains with payment plans with them. The domains get delivered at NameBright, you have full DNS control but cannot transfer or unlock the domain until it is paid off.

How long is your payment plan going to be?

•••
Yes it is safe. One of my domain purchases from them is currently ongoing on a payment plan with just a few months remaining.

•••
Hey welcome to the forum, I can say with confidence their plans work. I personally have purchased several domains with payment plans with them. The domains get delivered at NameBright, you have full DNS control but cannot transfer or unlock the domain until it is paid off.

How long is your payment plan going to be?

It has payment plan options for 1-4 years. How long does it take to gain ownership once final payment is made?

•••
It has payment plan options for 1-4 years. How long does it take to gain ownership once final payment is made?

The domain is in your control after they deliver it, usually about an hour after the first payment. If you want to get ahead, make a NameBright.com account and provide it to them upon purchase.

For the final payment, I would say it is delivered the same day you finished paying it off. Since the domain is in your account as a "managed domain" all they have to do is push it, which is an instant internal transfer.

Congrats on the purchase! Would this be the most expensive domain you ever purchased?

•••
The domain is in your control after they deliver it, usually about an hour after the first payment. If you want to get ahead, make a NameBright.com account and provide it to them upon purchase.

For the final payment, I would say it is delivered the same day you finished paying it off. Since the domain is in your account as a "managed domain" all they have to do is push it, which is an instant internal transfer.

Congrats on the purchase! Would this be the most expensive domain you ever purchased?

Thanks and Yes, that's why the payment plan is ideal for me (y) Just want to make sure there isn't a catch or risks involved as long as I make the payments.

•••
Thanks and Yes, that's why the payment plan is ideal for me (y) Just want to make sure there isn't a catch or risks involved as long as I make the payments.

Glad to hear it. Mind sharing if you had alternatives picked before making the final decision to move ahead with the payment plan?

•••
I bought a domain from them though the payment plan. After the first payment it took av I ut a day and they delegated access to the domain to my namebright account to set whois and dns, basically you can do everything but push, unlock, or get the auth code so I was able to use the domain but had to keep it there.

After I made the final payment I got full access in minutes after making the final payment as was able to transfer it out without issue.

From what I can tell the complaints seem to be from people who miss payments.

•••
Glad to hear it. Mind sharing if you had alternatives picked before making the final decision to move ahead with the payment plan?
I had other options but ultimately went with domain that is best fit for the brand.

•••
I had other options but ultimately went with domain that is best fit for the brand.

Would love to know about your brand, mind sharing it? Or the idea behind it.

•••
I used to purchase one domain from them with payment plan, it worked ok, but I also paid the whole remaining amount after I made 6th payment (I chose 12 month plan). (Actually I was a bit afraid :-P)

•••
Question: when you are in the active payment plan period with a Hugedomains name who is listed in the whois info - you or Hugedomains?

•••
Question: when you are in the active payment plan period with a Hugedomains name who is listed in the whois info - you or Hugedomains?

Should be yours, you have access to set the contact details in namebright.

•••
What does HugeDomains charge for interest rate on those payment plans?

•••
What does HugeDomains charge for interest rate on those payment plans?

0. But you have to pay full price. They Won't do a payment plan if you negotiate a lower price. Or if the site offers a discount which i have seen it do if you keep visiting the same domain over and over it will only apply if you pay in full. But the offer I got was for only $100 off.

•••
0. But you have to pay full price. They Won't do a payment plan if you negotiate a lower price. Or if the site offers a discount which i have seen it do if you keep visiting the same domain over and over it will only apply if you pay in full. But the offer I got was for only $100 off.

Thanks

•••
Started an HD payment plan today. No issues faced so far. Everything was smooth and automated. Got access to Namebright account in 3-4 hours after payment.

Will keep updated if anything changes.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back