IT.COM

.com Congrats buyer, you've bought a great domain for dirt cheap

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

rentmynames

TheFinestDomains.comEstablished Member
Impact
Domain: AsiaMax.com (a domain once I've loved so much)
Price: $2,500 (on BIN)
Venue: Afternic
Purchased price: don't remember (I've held this domain for a looooong time)
Date of purchased: don't remember

Received $800 offer at Godaddy. I countered $2500, then $1250 but no response from buyer.
I need to get rid some of my domains for the cash flow, so I pushed it to the auction. The auction ended (1 bid @ $800, no reserve), and no other bid. The last day of the auction, I was contacted by Afternic for the BIN. I set it $2,500, and SOLD.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.

Received $800 offer at Godaddy. I countered $2500, then $1250 but no response from buyer.
I need to get rid some of my domains for the cash flow, so I pushed it to the auction. The auction ended (1 bid @ $800, no reserve), and no other bid. The last day of the auction, I was contacted by Afternic for the BIN. I set it $2,500, and SOLD.

1 bid no reserve? Auction where?

•••
1 bid no reserve? Auction where?
That 1 bid was actually an offer. Godaddy has the option to send the offer to auction. I thought the first bidder is the winner, but guess not.

Last edited:
•••

sadly.. in domaining the $ value of our domains is not determined or decided by the amount of love or hate we have for them ;)

•••
•••
price/date purchased update
$500 (may/2005)
sadly, that's 13 years O_o but profited $1,500

Last edited:
•••
Yeah. Godaddy auctions confuse people because they believe it's actually an auction. The truth is nothing happens at the end of the auction except the auction timer resets over again and again forever. I've had people contact me and make an offer and tell me how long the auction has left and refuse to believe me when I explain that I will not accept their offer and they are wasting their time waiting until the end of the auction.

•••
•••
Yeah. Godaddy auctions confuse people because they believe it's actually an auction. The truth is nothing happens at the end of the auction except the auction timer resets over again and again forever. I've had people contact me and make an offer and tell me how long the auction has left and refuse to believe me when I explain that I will not accept their offer and they are wasting their time waiting until the end of the auction.

Yes GoDaddy needs to change their system. Non domain industry types don't understand it at all and just move on to another name most of the time.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back