Domain Empire

Confusion with the Russian version of the English domain name

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

HoloNames

Restricted (Market)
Impact
Could somebody explain what does "dart" or "holodart" mean in Russian?

Is it the same as this dart?

Plastic-Dart.jpg

I am getting a lot of visitors from Russia, Ukraine and Kazakhstan who click on the "continue to buy" link on my website holodart/com. It gets much more visitors than e.g. holodarts/com (possible future sport/game ;).

Is here any Russian or Ukrainian or even Kazakh speaker to help me solve this mystery?

Btw. this is not a referral spam, I have already received an email from a real guy who was asking about holodart/com

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
in Soviet Russia holodart darts u.

•••
Any idea what could "holodart" mean in Russian? Could dart stand for some acronym in Russian? I get visitors from different parts of Russia each day from holodart/com that click on the link "continue to buy this domain" and are being redirected to my main page where I list my all domains. 98% of the visitors are from Russia, Ukraine and Kazakhstan. Btw. I get no visits from China or US that end up on clicking the continue to buy this domain link. Only Russian speaking countries continue clicking on that button with the redirect.

•••
As far as I know with the limited Russian I had in school, the word "дарт" means exactly what it means in English - a dart, the exact same one as in the photo above. Now i can only speculate about "холодарт" but I am pretty sure its not as different from English as your assumption might suggest.

Are those Russian visitors actually buying from you or just clicking on your link? If they are not buying I highly doubt those are legit visits at all.

•••
Could somebody explain what does "dart" or "holodart" mean in Russian?

Is it the same as this dart?

Plastic-Dart.jpg

I am getting a lot of visitors from Russia, Ukraine and Kazakhstan who click on the "continue to buy" link on my website holodart/com. It gets much more visitors than e.g. holodarts/com (possible future sport/game ;).

Is here any Russian or Ukrainian or even Kazakh speaker to help me solve this mystery?

Btw. this is not a referral spam, I have already received an email from a real guy who was asking about holodart/com
"дарт" вейдер :D
41456.jpg

•••
I think I can solve this mystery for you.
1. This domain was owned once by a Russian speaking person (from Ukraine), and I think he was selling something there. A quick search shows that he used this domain in his forum signatures.
2. The name can be read not only as holo-dart, but also as holod-art. "Holod" means "cold". So this becomes a sort of wordplay. For example, there is a company named ArtHolod, it sells air conditioners and fridges.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back