IT.COM

Confused

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
The other day I decided to consolidate any domain I had with less than 3 months to run all into the same account at enom.

I initiated the transfer process and everything was going fine. I had unlocked all of the domains at their respective registrars (godaddy for some and registerfly for the others)

I am confused by the following though:- :-/

Godaddy refused the transfer into my enom account stating that they had been with the registrar for less than 60 days - the domains in question had not been with me for 60 days but had been with godaddy for most of their life.

Registerfly accepted all the transfers out (even though the domains had only been with me for no more than 3 weeks). The transfers concluded yesterday no problems. - BUT - today, I received renewal notices for two of them from registerfly. I quickly checked both my enom and my registerfly accounts and am now sitting looking at all of the domains in both accounts??

Or does anybody want to buy them from me - of course they are with registerfly - wanna buy a used watch as well :p

Can anybody explain? Is Godaddy just being really unfriendly because it is obvious I am moving domains out of their and playing the rules to the letter of the law? I have also been waiting over 48hrs for an EPP code from them so that I can move a .biz

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I have had similiar transfer issues with godaddy. For EPP based names I find it took 2-3 attempts to get the name away from them. With 2 com names they were rejected due to registrar lock, When I logged into godaddy there was no lock on the names. It took a few phone calls and more gray hair to get it resolved.

I have only had to transfer one name away out of RegisterFly (sold a name) and it went smoothly. The name did take a couple of days to remove out of the manager. Aside from that it was very smooth.

•••
Re: Confused

Originally posted by bensontwenty
Registerfly accepted all the transfers out (even though the domains had only been with me for no more than 3 weeks). The transfers concluded yesterday no problems. - BUT - today, I received renewal notices for two of them from registerfly. I quickly checked both my enom and my registerfly accounts and am now sitting looking at all of the domains in both accounts??

Same thing here, logon to regfly, goto "myaccount" scroll down and you'll see "main" highlighted, all the way to the right you'll see "reports" click this scroll to "Domain Management Reporting" then click "refresh your account" and follow the prompts.

Asfar as godaddy ???

•••
Godaddy is blocking all registrar transfers on domains that have had an ownership change in the last 60 days.

•••
•••
Yeah - tell me about it. Thanks for the replies guys.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back