Dynadot

sales .Coms and Non .Coms Evenly Split This Week's Top 20 Sales With 10 Entries Each

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
The new weekly Domain Sales Report is out at DNJournal.com. It is a rare occasion when .coms don't dominate our weekly all extension Top 20 Sales Chart. The past week was one of those with non .com domain claiming just as many chart entries as .com domains with the two sides ending up in a 10-10 deadlock. The .coms did dominate the top of the elite list though, sweeping the first three positions and four of the top five. The non .com contingent included six gTLDs (three legacy extensions – two .nets and a .org – and three new gTLDs) along with four ccTLDs.You can get all of the details on this very diverse week in the domain aftermarket here - http://www.dnjournal.com/archive/domainsales/2016/20160406.htm

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
1) I keep my domains at Godaddy, but that's the extent of my patronage there. Godaddy has a documented history of changing policy when any particular policy is found to be ethically questionable. You're not going to take anyone seriously who keeps their small portfolio at Godaddy? You're joking, right? I've never had a domain stolen there. Never had a problem with transfers, in or out. I know, Parsons shoots elephants, and he's a dick because of it. I battle with that aspect of Godaddy.

There are alternatives, NameSilo and Dynadot getting some nice votes - https://www.namepros.com/threads/favorite-domain-registrar-poll.933122/

"I keep my domains at Godaddy, but that's the extent of my patronage there."

They're a registrar, that's pretty much the extent. It's like saying, yes I go to a bar, but I only drink there.

Take a stand against GD, transfer out.

It's a very good point Kate brought up. You complained about GD letting their employee bid time after time, but stayed there all these years.

Last edited:
•••
There are alternatives, NameSilo and Dynadot getting some nice votes - https://www.namepros.com/threads/favorite-domain-registrar-poll.933122/

"I keep my domains at Godaddy, but that's the extent of my patronage there."

They're a registrar, that's pretty much the extent. It's like saying, yes I go to a bar, but I only drink there.

Take a stand against GD, transfer out.

It's a very good point Kate brought up. You complained about GD letting their employee bid time after time, but stayed there all these years.

Godaddy changed their policy of allowing its employees to bid at Godaddy auctions immediately after the Adam Dicker episode was outed. I credit them for that. It's a lot better than Flippa, which, as far as I know, still allows the same thing, all the while blowing smoke up our asses. Godaddy also parted ways with Dicker after that episode, and to this day I personally believe they told him to take a hike. I don't see Flippa even trying to change things, except here where their rep blows smoke up our asses.

Yes, I've procrastinated moving from Godaddy. Fortunately, my portfolio is relatively small and not .com heavy.

I've been to bars merely to play Missile Command.

•••
•••
upload_2016-4-3_17-49-20.png

•••
School playground? Well, when I'm dealing with that sort of mentality, I try to communicate appropriately.

Exactly, it's easy to deflect David. All of your personal details are public knowledge.

What, do you think I hacked your account?

So what's the problem then David? You've attacked me from day one.

•••
@HeyNow See David, you and me probably have a few things in common. Beyond the ongoing Dicker issue, I too have issues with Ron Jackson's alliance to domaining and connection with Dicker. That too with Rick Schwartz (and others). If two close business members are to keep quiet and the later not answer a question regarding Dicker on an open blog, then I'm sceptical.

Currently I'm anti-domaining. Yes, I don't like the way it's being run by this class and other entities. Guess I'm an outsider, still, I'm a friendly person who is a networker a loves domaining. Ironic isn't it! But it's still business, and there are great opportunities to be moulded outside of domaining along as within.

•••
Perhaps you would be taken a tad more seriously if you weren't still keeping your domains at Godaddy, about whom you've said harsh things, some of which were actually justified. In fact, I might even trust Snapnames more than Godaddy. Because Snapnames came forward when they found out about the fraud, but there are at least two instances where Godaddy took action only after they were caught red-handed in ethically problematic situations.
It's not like you don't have a choice of registrars.

IMHO, they all pull crap to make sure you and I will never, ever have true access to the most valuable drops. One would be foolish to think otherwise.

In Godaddy's favor, at least they are the ONLY domain entity (registrar or registry) I know of taking domain names to the public-at-large, with huge advertising budget for radio and television. ALL other registrars and registries count too heavily on domain speculators for an easy living, especially those that count heavily on drop-catching schemes. The only way my paltry collection of .us names will be valuable is when those entities selling them or administering them do exactly what Godaddy is doing: ADVERTISE. Otherwise, I'm left to count on sorry-ass domainers and an occasional end-user for any kind of profit.

As a result of Godaddy's advertising, they've left all others in the dust.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back