Dynadot

£.com Sold on Sedo Today

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
£.com posted as SOLD on Sedo at $1000 US today.

The buyer got quite a bargain IMO.It's probably the most well known symbol in the UK + it's a .COM.I'd have guessed high 4 figures at LEAST.
Very cool landmark though! The first public sale of any single character IDN,and a currency symbol besides! Awareness in IDN's is sure to rise tenfold after that.
Matt

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Yes, IE is the only browser to need that plug-in,but that's going to be obsolete when the next version of IE comes out.IDN capability will be built into IE, as it currently is in nearly all other browsers.Netscape,Mozilla,Opera,Firefoz,and what ever Apple's browser is called...etc.

•••
Dillpup said:
what ever Apple's browser is called...etc.
lol.

This is a shame though, that such a good domain sold for so cheap. I am sure some of us here would pay much more for it.

•••
I'd like to get my hands on $.com or !.com
are either of those real domains?

•••
NameTower said:

Those two can never be registered because of where they lie on the character map.,,.but Currency Symbols from every other country can be a domain..as well as the Spanish characters ¡ and ¿...not to mention such things like ®.com and ©.com which are currently on Sedo with bids....

•••
Shame.
But thanks for the great info Dillpup!

•••
sadly, 99% of people outside europ wont have a clue how to type that seeing as it isent on our keybords...

QBert

•••
sadly, 99% of people outside europ wont have a clue how to type that seeing as it isent on our keybords...

also, what regesters can you regester symbols at?

QBert

•••
The people who use it in the UK can type it,that's all that really matters.
Take 반품.com for example, a hugely popular site in Korea.We can't type it,but millions of Korean's do.
IDN's can be registered at Idotz.net and Domainsite.com (my two favs)

•••
NameTower said:
even if these can be registered, they will be gone.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back