IT.COM

.com free when other extensions taken

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Is there anywhere to go to see names where the .com is free but other top level extensions are taken?

Is there a way to sort this info at whois.sc?

Many thanks for any help.

DavidH

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Whois.sc does it about the best, IMHO. :tu:
Be sure that you're logged in to your account there ... and then, "Tip: Search the Whois by partial word(s)." That should bring up all the extensions registered/not registered, including ".com .net .org .info .biz .us".
Invaluable resource ... and you're on to something here. :)
Good Luck with it.

•••
•••
Yes, what CoolHost.com said is true, however,

If all other extension are taken; .net/.info./.org/.co.uk/ etc.. there should'nt be any reason a .com is availble.

Is there? :gl:

:bah:

•••
Unless the .com holder was not aware of the popularity of the name and let it lapse.

That is what happened with Quadcity.com which I was able to acquire and then sell on for a reasonable profit :D

Unfortunately it does not happen very often!

DavidH

•••
whois.sc, waste of time. the database they use seems to be very old. you get results like free.info unregged, aid.us unregged etc.

I was very excited to know that businessasia.com was unregged, but only to find that the domain was picked up by someone else months ago!

•••
Originally posted by markits
whois.sc, waste of time. the database they use seems to be very old. you get results like free.info unregged, aid.us unregged etc.

I was very excited to know that businessasia.com was unregged, but only to find that the domain was picked up by someone else months ago!

I agree whois.sc is an ugly whois go to the registrar sites like namecheap and godaddy to have a much cleaner look :)

Go Develop!

•••
There is a lot of such names, but you have to take into consideration other factors too, like are those tld's developed? , do they have traffic?, how big is company behind it?, etc.
E.g. ed-jobs.net/.org taken, .com available, IMO very slim chances to do anything with .com.

•••
Some non-profit organisation reg .org, but no .com or .net

•••
Quite often you'll find only the .org regged...but seldom do you find all of them taken except for the .com. If and when I come across such "finds" I reg them immediately.

ST

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back