IT.COM

.co Com.Co and Co.Com your opinions please!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

gkvekat23

Established Member
Impact
Can anyone clarify the differences between the dot com.co and dot co.com. Both are dot co extensions.

Which one is the best bet?

Recently Software.com.co sold over $27K at sedo.com.

Your expert views and suggestions on these extensions.
Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Actually, these are the com.co sales within the last 4 months.
Software.com.co --- $27,146 on SEDO
Freelancer.com.co --- $3,500 on SEDO
Claas.com.co --- $1,356 on SEDO
HM.com.co --- $10,000 on SEDO
llantas.com.co --- $2,578 on SEDO
Prepagos.com.co --- $2,035 on SEDO
Guru.com.co --- $2,000 on SEDO
Pop.com.co --- $1,344 on SEDO
So I registered,
Airlines, Britain, Resorts, Funds and Currency. Also Online Shopping.

•••
Stay away from co.com and other private subdomains. These are not real extensions, just traps.
That being said, just because one .com.co sold for 27K doesn't mean there is a lively market for com.co.
Also, I don't think you can find available domains like Software.com.co...

•••
Again, there are reported sales for almost any TLD, even .tk. Doesn't mean any TLD is a good investment.
Since we are talking about a ccTLD, you would better have some knowledge of the local market and language. If you settle for whatever is left available, you will most likely end up with a pile of junk that won't sell.

•••
Com.co is the ccTLD extension for Colombia, the Co.com extension is a newly released, generic subdomain that is managed by CentralNic.

•••
Just bought this one.. took 2 Minutes to register & 10 Minutes to create logo..!!

ykHHBRB.png

•••
•••
Again, .COM.CO is the CCTLD for Colombia. When I visited Cartagena and another city in the departamento of Bolivar in 2012 I saw a fair mix of .COM and .COM.CO domains being used. The only time I saw a .CO was in a magazine on the return flight back to Miami. The tourism board uses a .Travel.

I would only consider .COM.CO for Spanish domains and because the primary market would be Colombia they need to be really good keywords - not just what you can find available. Consider reviewing expiring lists of .COM.CO.

•••
Just sold match.com.co for 1000 usd @ flippa

•••
•••
Nice pick!

Thanks.. Some generics (few I guess) left.. Make, Cool (!) etc.. Not sure about exact values (minimum double of regfee is sure imo)

•••
If it is premium I believe it will fetch minimum low $ x, xxx. I hope so by observing the sales report.
ie guru, freelancer and software.

•••
.com.co the Colombia ccTLD
.co.com Not a real extension. It is a sub-domain sold by CentralNic.

I prefer .com.co. But .com.co users mainly speak Spanish.

•••
I still like co.com better, I think it flows well with many English words. I even like it better than .xyz. :xf.wink: I have a few and am not worried at all about the company and people operating this subdomain. They are some of the most stand up people in the industry and have decades of experience operating registrars and registries successfully.

•••
I bought rh.com.co & waiting for buyer

•••
•••
Hmm,

trying to sell: LASTMINUTE (COM.CO)

- it receive traffic, also some clicks, but no buyers interest
- the only one I invested and have no intention to do this anymore :)

•••
I got a refund. I'm sticking to .com, .io and .co.uk/.uk.

•••
Can anyone clarify the differences between the dot com.co and dot co.com. Both are dot co extensions.

Thanks

do not settle for opinions.. as they can vary and not all are good, objective, and based on tons of experience.. instead, get the facts... at www.namebio.com

gl

•••
I think these extensions are for the end users.
And like u said most of the premium names are already registered.
Still many left.
It may be worth trying with premium names.

•••
•••
.com.co is better i think

•••
•••
I don't have any because it lengthens the domain but as posted above there have been some very nice sales so who's to say? It's kind of like a hyphen, not popular with domainers in most cases but again it just depends.

I see and hear a lot of ads on radio and tv now directing customers to go to their "domain.whatever/whatever".

•••

Thanks
both are crap IMO

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back