IT.COM

.COM and .NET for Only $2.99/yr each at Domain.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

luantt

Top Member
Impact
Use code FilmRiot at check out to get this rate. Prices down from $3.99 to $2.99/year each .COM or .NET domain name.
Domain-.com-.net-2.99-usd.png

• Unlimited domains per customer.
  • Promo price for the 1st year only.
Offer will end soon I guess.
Enjoy guys!
$3.99 is also the price for .COM/.NET at MyDomain, Netfirms and Dotster.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
anyone else not getting auth codes (gives contact info error) for any dotster and family domains??? I called them about it but they're clueless..

Same for me since last 12hours :(

•••
this is a total mess
as I played around with things, I went into contact info.. and it was showing mine correctly.. then I clicked SAVE To see what happens.. and then refresh.. and it was all changed to some weird whois in toronto canada.. with weird nonsense email etc.. then when you try to change that again to your info.. it gives error. total mess.

I guess its safe to say they are totally unprepared for gdrp.

incidentally, this tornto weird info is also what whois sites are showing for all dotster domains... even those where you do not folow procedure I just outlined.

chaos rules.

•••
this is a total mess
as I played around with things, I went into contact info.. and it was showing mine correctly.. then I clicked SAVE To see what happens.. and then refresh.. and it was all changed to some weird whois in toronto canada.. with weird nonsense email etc.. then when you try to change that again to your info.. it gives error. total mess.

incidentally, this tornto weird info is also what whois sites are showing for all dotster domains... even those where you do not folow procedure I just outlined.

chaos rules.

Did you get Auth mail?

•••
Did you get Auth mail?

nope there is nothing happening

either way, I saved you all few mins of time and jjust called them up

looks like there is gdpr related issue and they're working on it.

unknown timeline to resolve. and you cannot get codes from them direct either.

well isn't that just dandy for anyone who has a sale or something and needs a transfer out. but I guess they'll understand the delay.

•••
this is a total mess

chaos rules.
I have transferred few domains from Domain.com in the last 24h. but I received AUTH codes almost instantly, here what I have done, same as you refresh and save, got same Canada weird info and after that I have deleted that info and added mine again, save refresh and after 2-3 min I got an AUTH code. You need to this for each domain separately :)

•••
I have transferred few domains from Domain.com in the last 24h. but I received AUTH codes almost instantly, here what I have done, same as you refresh and save, got same Canada weird info and after that I have deleted that info and added mine again, save refresh and after 2-3 min I got an AUTH code. You need to this for each domain separately :)

ok maybe you did sometng different.. so I go step by step:

1- I go to my correct current contact and click save
2- then I see the new weird (I Guess its the new default gdpr toronto info)
3- if I try to change it back to mine, it does not save it.. at least not immediately.. and I still see the weir toronto one.. plus it gives me messgae:
This domain has pending contact changes that will not propagate until the current and previous registrants approve the verification emails sent to them by the current registrar.

so there and then.. doesn't this already mean that itll be sending approval emails to both my newly entered info.. plus the weird toronto email? obviously that won't work.. cause no one will get it there..

so as it stands after above steps.. I still see the toronto info.. plus the mnessage above.. and I got no confirm email to my email either yet.. refreshing conact info does nothing... and I keep looking at the toronto info

what was that popular drink again? oh ya.. fckd up.

•••
I don't know how but I got AUTH codes and I will try now for another transfer :)

•••
Nope, doesn't work now, got the same msg like you.

•••
Absolute nightmare with the three companies revolving around Domain.com, transfer your domains early and fast. Just remember all expired domains in any of these companies are listed at Godaddy expired auctions at day 30 and transfer out at around day 37 after expiration. Request all your auth codes via support and get your domains out now!

•••
Absolute nightmare with the three companies revolving around Domain.com, transfer your domains early and fast. Just remember all expired domains in any of these companies are listed at Godaddy expired auctions at day 30 and transfer out at around day 37 after expiration. Request all your auth codes via support and get your domains out now!

yep I agree.

but... gd expired are 10 day long. they begin on day -26.. last til -36... then -37 they usually take it out.. unless it sells on closeout.. then its out later ...... so make sure you renew/transfer before -37.. better even before -36.. -35...

cheers

Last edited:
•••
Problem resolved. I received my auth codes.

•••
Problem resolved. I received my auth codes.

some of my domains still have that weird toronto default contact info
and for those I cannot get codes.. nor can I revert to my correct info

not sure how this will get solved or when.

•••
ok they probably got calls from 1000 real pissed np members and as of now i was able to change toronto defective info to my own...mind u i used diff email than my other domains..just to try something different but odds are that's not why it worked

so i changed info..got approve email..clicked link and 20 mins later got code...right on time cause this was sedo sale and people getting impatient

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back