IT.COM
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
i will be lil' cautious about it, I think half of .com's are still sitting there parked or waiting for end user offers.. then why in the world ppl would want to go .co way?

Agreed 10-20% might just go .co way cuz they cant afford .com, however, if .co's are already taken then they still will have to pay premium.. I have my doubts!! :lol:

no doubt that it can be the next .net tld after .com for its shortness and relevancy :)

•••
LLL.co is not going to fetch much, but I could be wrong.

unless like our dear friend mentioned, names like WEB, etc will do good. :)

•••
There are longer extensions around, that do well.
.co.uk
.com.br
.com.mx
.com.au
.co.nz
.co.za

The problem is not length but whether the TLD is relevant
;)

.CO.UK is popular because it's england's extension and the 4th most internet users on the planet.

.CN is in first place because of chinese population but the extension it self sucks because it's extremely restricted in the name of Mao Zong !

.Mobi on the other hand means nothing ! It's not a dictionary word, it's not even the abbreviation of the word mobile.

Last edited:
•••
If a company name is "Larico Company", is lari.co a nice investment in order to sell it ?

•••
Not if they own Larico.com or Larico.cctld

And hacks are a tough sell, there's a whole thread discussing them on NP.

I'm still undecided tbh, while it makes a good ending globally as .COmpany, there is also the possibility of losing brand value and maybe even traffic to the more established extensions, at least for a while.

•••
LLL.co is not going to fetch much, but I could be wrong.

unless like our dear friend mentioned, names like WEB, etc will do good. :)

Where there is a will, there is a HOPE!! :lol:

•••
Not if they own Larico.com or Larico.cctld

And hacks are a tough sell, there's a whole thread discussing them on NP.

I'm still undecided tbh, while it makes a good ending globally as .COmpany, there is also the possibility of losing brand value and maybe even traffic to the more established extensions, at least for a while.

I agree about hacks Samit, but what people seem to be not seeing is that .CO can be an actual legitimate "stand alone" extension for .COmpany, .COrporation, or EVEN .COmmerce! :imho:
In jacpar's example, if the company was named Lynx Co., for example, I seriously doubt they wouldn't want Lynx.Co for their website! :P
(And jacpar, I hope you are "hoping", not "hopping" about .CO's...as per your siggy! ;))

Last edited:
•••
I agree about hacks Samit, but what people seem to be not seeing is that .CO can be an actual legitimate "stand alone" extension for .COmpany, .COrporation, or EVEN .COmmerce! :imho:
In jacpar's example, if the company was named Lynx Co., for example, I seriously doubt they wouldn't want Lynx.Co for their website! :P

I see where you coming from, but I also see your over-excitement regarding this tld which is over-shadowing all other aspects and I just hope that you have well thought about plan regarding this investment.

•••
(And jacpar, I hope you are "hoping", not "hopping" about .CO's...as per your siggy! ;))
Oups ! Thank you, belle italienne !

•••

:lol: nice catch there :notme:

•••
•••
E.co

e.co sold at $ 81000
The last bid arrived at 4:00 PM
The closing time was 4:00 PM, extended to 4:10 PM
Curious : no bid between 4:00 PM and 4:10 PM
Any explanation ?

Last edited:
•••
The auction is closed : e.co sold at $ 81000

what a waste of money, you could buy a LL.com for $100 000 - $150 000

•••
What a waste of money. $81,000 for a domain hack.

Eco.org, which is a way better domain in every aspect, only sold for $48K in 2008.

Brad

e.co sold at $ 81000
Any explanation ?

•••
What a waste of money. $81,000 for a domain hack.

Eco.org, which is a way better domain in every aspect, only sold for $48K in 2008.

Brad

Brad eco.org is typed like this www,eco,org, however e.co is written like www,e,co :D difference of 4 typing letters!! :bah: :lol: but I still think it's a waste of money.. :td:

Last edited:
•••
If you got the money and you like it or it goes with your plans then its surly not a waste of money :)

•••
e.co sold at $ 81000
Any explanation ?

Yeah, I couldn't watch the last couple hours...I think its a good fair sale. :)
e.CO is the next best name after e.COM...even looks better! :imho:
(Now watch me get "beat up" by the .co doubters! :lol:)

Last edited:
•••
•••
Only waste of money if not used for an eco project. :P (words from a domain hack lover! :D)

81k is not too much money, sure you could have gotten better domains for it no doubt, the price was highly inflated by Sedo pushing this auction, I think very low $xx.xxx would have been a fair price for it but in the end I was suprised to see this auction not reaching at least low $xxx.xxx...

@Brad: As a domainer I need to agree that eco.org is the better domain but I can totally understand that many people (the good old enduser) might think/feel/(know :D) e.co is the better domain (and I think this is all that matters)

•••
I think the money isn't wasn't, as it goes to charity. So doesn't really matter what the buyer does with the domain.

•••
lol good point :D...

btw guys I want to order 1 domain in Landrush,

I am indecisive if I should do it at Godaddy or Domainmonster,

DM seems a little cheaper (25 Euro after taxes) then GD...

Or do you know of any working promo code for the .co Landrush?

•••
go for the cheaper solution ;)

•••
•••
There were few quoting that .co will become more successful than .com and .co is the ultimate top extension.

The recent E.co auction result shows that its not true.

•••
The recent E.co auction result shows that its not true.

The auction proves nothing.

If we go back in time, lets say 1980's, back then, people didn't give a damn about .com

Now, people are going crazy about the new .co

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back