Dynadot
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
I think I pointed you to Andrew for his article if you wanted clarification on the .co and asked you for a specific domain as an example which you did not provide. Without a specific domain I can't really help you. I can say that .co is not raising their renewal pricing or transfer pricing or changing tiers on existing registrations. That auction error you got is pretty generic. I couldn't tell you the reason without the domain name and trying to list it myself to duplicate the issue.
If you own a domain that .co determines is premium that doesn't impact your ownership of it or ability to sell it, it still renews at the same cost as normal. If you are seeing otherwise, I would need an example to have people here investigate.

thanks for your reply.. one of the premium names I own and cannot get past the input window with on auctions.. is: lyz(.co).. I have few more and same happens.

my questions are... if you'd be so kind:

1- I learned from someone in your support, before you replied today.. that gd auctions does not allow any premium names to be listed. for .co or other tlds.. this is to avoid people buying names on your auctions and then having suprised of their life seeing how they renew for say $1000 per year. which does make sense.. except your algorithm does not cover those prem names (like in .co) which have standard renewals.. can you confirm all this and say whether you plan to implement something that would allow listing prem names with standard renewals like .co?

2- if you say .co does not up renewal and transfer costs. then can you clarify why (fact) gd raised transfer prices on prem .co names from $25 to $35?

3- suppose that a prem .co name of mine was listed prior on your auctions prior to sept1 tier pricings from .co... and its still there now.. does it mean it'll stay there.. or does it mean it'll get maybe removed once the 90day listing renew cycle comes? or at any other stage?

thanks for your time.

Last edited:
•••
The latest in my case, I wasn't able to transfer one of the names at all so I renewed the second one at Namecheap to avoid further loss. Be aware of this! My incoming registrar did not know they had to do this and could not accept the authorization code at all.

1HAGutO.png

If anything, this adds further value to the stability of .com domains. Neustar (and the rest of the sub standard TLDs) can get away with this because of their low numbers and general disregard for original agreements among registrants. How do you explain this to a buyer? Very disappointing overall.

•••
Finally got my domain! Special thanks to @Joe Styler and his team. Wishing the best to everyone else too.

•••
Finally got my domain! Special thanks to @Joe Styler and his team. Wishing the best to everyone else too.
I think I have the same situation for my HOOX (.) CO as I also won this domain on 22nd Aug

The domain has been transferred to GD but the WHOIS status shown as “inactive”

Domain Status: inactive https://icann.org/epp#inactive

•••
The domain has been transferred to GD but the WHOIS status shown as “inactive”
Hopefully it will get transferred in another working day. Mine was an LLL.co by the way.

•••
just got HOOX (.) CO under my GD

•••
•••
thanks for your reply.. one of the premium names I own and cannot get past the input window with on auctions.. is: lyz(.co).. I have few more and same happens.

my questions are... if you'd be so kind:

1- I learned from someone in your support, before you replied today.. that gd auctions does not allow any premium names to be listed. for .co or other tlds.. this is to avoid people buying names on your auctions and then having suprised of their life seeing how they renew for say $1000 per year. which does make sense.. except your algorithm does not cover those prem names (like in .co) which have standard renewals.. can you confirm all this and say whether you plan to implement something that would allow listing prem names with standard renewals like .co?

2- if you say .co does not up renewal and transfer costs. then can you clarify why (fact) gd raised transfer prices on prem .co names from $25 to $35?

3- suppose that a prem .co name of mine was listed prior on your auctions prior to sept1 tier pricings from .co... and its still there now.. does it mean it'll stay there.. or does it mean it'll get maybe removed once the 90day listing renew cycle comes? or at any other stage?

thanks for your time.
1. I am not sure who you spoke with in support. It is true that we do not allow premium tier - or non base tier domains to be auctioned on the auction. The only reason for this is we do not want people to surprised by the renewal after they win an auction. However, we do not block names from being listed that are normal base tier renewal pricing. .Club is a perfect example of this. You can buy one of their premium domains and list it on our auction as the renewal price is the same on every .club premium or not.
This is the same way .co works with their premium domains. The renewal is the same price. I cannot answer as to the error you got or answer #3 without the example you just gave me. I will see what the reason for the error is now that you gave me an example domain.

2. We change prices a lot. We have been doing that since I started working here almost 13 years ago. it has nothing to do with the renewal or transfer cost of the .co or we would be raising them in their respective tiers. So one .co may transfer in at $30, and one at $300, and one at $3000 depending on the registry tier. However, .co is NOT doing tiered renewals so this is not impacting the transfer price.
Just because we change a price one day doesn't mean it might not change again next week lower or higher.

•••
1. I am not sure who you spoke with in support. It is true that we do not allow premium tier - or non base tier domains to be auctioned on the auction. The only reason for this is we do not want people to surprised by the renewal after they win an auction. However, we do not block names from being listed that are normal base tier renewal pricing. .Club is a perfect example of this. You can buy one of their premium domains and list it on our auction as the renewal price is the same on every .club premium or not.
This is the same way .co works with their premium domains. The renewal is the same price. I cannot answer as to the error you got or answer #3 without the example you just gave me. I will see what the reason for the error is now that you gave me an example domain.

2. We change prices a lot. We have been doing that since I started working here almost 13 years ago. it has nothing to do with the renewal or transfer cost of the .co or we would be raising them in their respective tiers. So one .co may transfer in at $30, and one at $300, and one at $3000 depending on the registry tier. However, .co is NOT doing tiered renewals so this is not impacting the transfer price.
Just because we change a price one day doesn't mean it might not change again next week lower or higher.

thanks!

as for #1... for sure premium .co names currently canot be listed on your auctions... you can easily check that by inputting the name I gave you into input window. or inputting any other 3l.co.. or other premium names. it gives the error on the attached picture below. and I cannot get past input screen.

also, for #2 above.. as I said before.. it is a fact you can easily check that gd now charges $35 to transfer premium .co names to you.. and $25 for non premium. u can easily test it by inputting premium vs non prem name.. then going to checkout.. so I am not sure why you say .co tire pricing is not impacting your transfer prices. can you clarify why you raised those prices? thanks!

•••
I can't test that domain you gave me as you already have it successfully listed on our auction. lyz.co. So I can't duplicate an error for listing a name that is already listed. I also tried a bunch of domains to transfer in from .co and they all show as $35 for me. I really don't have the time to just kind of keep guessing at names to try so unless you can give me some real examples I can duplicate I can't keep putting time into this. If you can I am glad to take a look.

•••
I can't test that domain you gave me as you already have it successfully listed on our auction. lyz.co. So I can't duplicate an error for listing a name that is already listed. I also tried a bunch of domains to transfer in from .co and they all show as $35 for me. I really don't have the time to just kind of keep guessing at names to try so unless you can give me some real examples I can duplicate I can't keep putting time into this. If you can I am glad to take a look.

like I Said before, whether a name like lyz.co is already listed on auctions or not it changes nothing.

because the error I get is in the first input window. and because of this error, you cannot get past it to the next screen where you input prices etc. in other words, the error pops up BEFORE gd even knows whether my domain is listed or not. and it is not an error caused by a name alreasdy listed on yoru auctions or not. but caused by prem vs nonprem .co name status.

I also would appreciate it if you stopped saying every name is $35 to transfer to you.. when I clearly see 25$ for non premium. and 35$ for premium. so if you can provide clarification why gd decided to raise premium .co transfer prices that'd be great. plz see picture below. one is premium name.. the other is not.

I don't mean to waste your time. and I assure you, in this particular case, all my points are accurate and need clarifying. there are no mistakes in what I said. hope you take time to try and read my post. thanks

54365465.JPG

Last edited:
•••
I dont think you understand that I cannot duplicate the error if you have the domain name listed. The only way for me to try it would be to try and list a domain that is not listed already. Otherwise I am going to get an error because the name is listed. I can't try and troubleshoot something unless we can narrow down what is causing the error by eliminating all the other error causing possibilities. Meaning if you have the name successfully listed it will not let me list it as well. It will throw an error.
I'm not going to try that again.
I'm not sure what to tell you on the pricing beyond what I said. We test and change pricing all the time. I'm seeing $35 but that may be due to the region I am in, the country I am billed in, the pricing I receive from Domain Discount club, etc etc. It is very hard to troubleshoot pricing differences because they change often and are frequently different in different markets and by the time I get an answer from the people who make the pricing it will likely be changed already. I've told you already this is not related to the renewal pricing on .co domains based on their premium or not premium status as far as what we need to charge. I can say $25 on a .co transfer is pretty close to cost so maybe they are phasing that out or trying some new pricing.

•••
@Joe Styler

again, currently gd auctions is declining ALL premium .co names to be listed on their auctions. the error occurs in input window. and is absolutely independant of whether a domain is registered or not.. or whether already listed or not. its just not that kind of error. plz see picture below for another example.. but again, this applies to ALL premium .co names. thank u for fixing plz keep posted.

545345454.JPG

•••
We also do a lot of split testing, so we may be doing a test on certain domains or you may see a different price depending on the server you hit etc which is randomized to see the results of price tests more accurately.

•••
I dont think you understand that I cannot duplicate the error if you have the domain name listed. The only way for me to try it would be to try and list a domain that is not listed already. Otherwise I am going to get an error because the name is listed. I can't try and troubleshoot something unless we can narrow down what is causing the error by eliminating all the other error causing possibilities. Meaning if you have the name successfully listed it will not let me list it as well. It will throw an error.
I'm not going to try that again.
I'm not sure what to tell you on the pricing beyond what I said. We test and change pricing all the time. I'm seeing $35 but that may be due to the region I am in, the country I am billed in, the pricing I receive from Domain Discount club, etc etc. It is very hard to troubleshoot pricing differences because they change often and are frequently different in different markets and by the time I get an answer from the people who make the pricing it will likely be changed already. I've told you already this is not related to the renewal pricing on .co domains based on their premium or not premium status as far as what we need to charge. I can say $25 on a .co transfer is pretty close to cost so maybe they are phasing that out or trying some new pricing.

can't believe you disrespect me by not even reading what I say..

no offence Joe but which part of "this error is INDEPENDENT of whether a name is already listed or not... or whether its even registered or not" is unclear to you?? instead you prefer to insult me by saying I waste your time. is this how GD thanks their clients for pointing out bugs and errors??? cause if it is then this will be the last bug I ever report.

I'll say it one more time:

ALL premium .co names are currently unable to list on gd auctions.

whether you like it or not or believe it or not it is the fact.

I would appreciate if you can fix it. thanks

Last edited:
•••
We also do a lot of split testing, so we may be doing a test on certain domains or you may see a different price depending on the server you hit etc which is randomized to see the results of price tests more accurately.

it is not random if all premium .co names are $35
and non premium are $25.

and it is not random if all this began on sept1, which is when .co rolled out new pricings.

any chance you can do like everyone else and just charge $25 for all .co names to transfer? otherwise, who will want to transfer to you?

•••
@Joe Styler

again, currently gd auctions is declining ALL premium .co names to be listed on their auctions. the error occurs in input window. and is absolutely independant of whether a domain is registered or not.. or whether already listed or not. its just not that kind of error. plz see picture below for another example.. but again, this applies to ALL premium .co names. thank u for fixing plz keep posted.

Show attachment 97107

I got the same error while trying to list Traveller.co for 7 day auction.

•••
"who will want to transfer to you? [GD]" - why would anyone want to transfer to GD? What's even good about GD, apart from the fact their support people are usually helpful (although that used to be much more so)?

Last edited:
•••
it is not random if all premium .co names are $35
and non premium are $25.

and it is not random if all this began on sept1, which is when .co rolled out new pricings.

any chance you can do like everyone else and just charge $25 for all .co names to transfer? otherwise, who will want to transfer to you?
I spoke with 4 different people in the company in charge of pricing and the domains products etc. It is a test. As you can see from your screen shots the list price is $35 on the one with the discount and the other is not showing that discount. There was an error brought in by the new tiers but it resulted in a lower than $25 renewal and transfer fee on some tiers not a higher one. The $25 transfer in fee is valid for Domain Discount Club customers and some bulk renewal or transfer levels and also is various domains being tested with discounts shown.

•••
can't believe you disrespect me by not even reading what I say..

no offence Joe but which part of "this error is INDEPENDENT of whether a name is already listed or not... or whether its even registered or not" is unclear to you?? instead you prefer to insult me by saying I waste your time. is this how GD thanks their clients for pointing out bugs and errors??? cause if it is then this will be the last bug I ever report.

I'll say it one more time:

ALL premium .co names are currently unable to list on gd auctions.

whether you like it or not or believe it or not it is the fact.

I would appreciate if you can fix it. thanks
I dont think you understand what I am saying. I didn't say I don't believe you. I cannot test a name unless it is unlisted. Unless I can test it I have nothing to show the developers. I need a name as an example for them to duplicate and see what happens. I used the domain traveller.co the other customer put in the post. I was able to test it with his name and see there is an error on premium .co domains.
At this time we are not going to allow them to be listed. It is quite a bit of work to change that and something that will have to get prioritized later on.

•••
I dont think you understand what I am saying. I didn't say I don't believe you. I cannot test a name unless it is unlisted. Unless I can test it I have nothing to show the developers. I need a name as an example for them to duplicate and see what happens. I used the domain traveller.co the other customer put in the post. I was able to test it with his name and see there is an error on premium .co domains.
At this time we are not going to allow them to be listed. It is quite a bit of work to change that and something that will have to get prioritized later on.

thanks. glad we finally got somewhere.

ty for confirming any and all premium .co names will no longer be allowed to be listed on gd auctions... even though you clearly said that like .club, they should be allowed. as long as there are no premium renewals on an extension.. I am, or we are, of course all disappointed we won't be able to sell or list our premium .co names on gd auctions. I think you shoudl be disappointed too, as this will bring you fewer sales and therefore fewer commissions.

I understand you still will auction expired 3l.co and other premium .co names. despite this interdiction.

I also thank you for looking into the transfer rates for .co. I hope your tests end soon and some kind of stable $20-25 rate for transfers is put in place. otherwise everyone will just transfer to yoru competition. which is in many cases in the 20-25$ range.

cheers

•••
@Joe Styler
gd auctions is declining ALL premium .co names to be listed on their auctions
Show attachment 97107

I used the GoDaddy valuation tool and it tags in black/white "Premium" to names with a relatively high valuation. The text is omitted if not considered Premium. I was able to list - pending review - a couple premium tagged domain names on Afternic which is owned by GoDaddy and should feed the same auctions listings you see on GD (and more last I knew). I was also able to list a domain name NOT tagged as premium on GoDaddy Auctions. So that tagging seems to identify which will have problems being listed.
https://www.godaddy.com/domain-value-appraisal/appraisal/

GoDaddy .CO standard and discounted RENEWAL pricing hasn't changed as far as I can see.
.co $34.99 / $24.99 - 28% Off
https://www.godaddy.com/domains/discount-domains.aspx

And just a recap for those whos heads are exploding while reading this 500+ page forum post...

How much does it cost to renew my .CO premium domain name?
Last Updated: Aug 13, 2018
Whatever PREMIUM PRICE you may have initially paid to register your .CO premium domain name, your annual renewal fee will be the “standard” renewal fee charged for all .CO domain names.
http://support.go.co/customer/es/po...-to-renew-my-co-premium-domain-name-?b_id=497

Let's see what happens. At the moment it seems that .CO and the participating registrars are setting a floor price for .CO domain names (not to be confused with renewal prices which haven't changed). That's new data for the market. Not sure if .CO, GD, and Estibot valuations agree though. Anyone care to drop some samples of all 3 valuations into the thread?

Last edited:
•••
I used the GoDaddy valuation tool and it tags in black/white "Premium" to names with a relatively high valuation. The text is omitted if not considered Premium. I was able to list - pending review - a couple premium tagged domain names on Afternic which is owned by GoDaddy and should feed the same auctions listings you see on GD (and more last I knew). I was also able to list a domain name NOT tagged as premium on GoDaddy Auctions. So that tagging seems to identify which will have problems being listed.
https://www.godaddy.com/domain-value-appraisal/appraisal/

GoDaddy .CO standard and discounted RENEWAL pricing hasn't changed as far as I can see.
.co $34.99 / $24.99 - 28% Off
https://www.godaddy.com/domains/discount-domains.aspx

And just a recap for those whos heads are exploding while reading this 500+ page forum post...

How much does it cost to renew my .CO premium domain name?
Last Updated: Aug 13, 2018
Whatever PREMIUM PRICE you may have initially paid to register your .CO premium domain name, your annual renewal fee will be the “standard” renewal fee charged for all .CO domain names.
http://support.go.co/customer/es/po...-to-renew-my-co-premium-domain-name-?b_id=497

Let's see what happens. At the moment it seems that .CO and the participating registrars are setting a floor price for .CO domain names (not to be confused with renewal prices which haven't changed). That's new data for the market. Not sure if .CO, GD, and Estibot valuations agree though. Anyone care to drop some samples of all 3 valuations into the thread?

thanks

yes I too have no issues listing non premium .co names on gd auctions. the premium ones are not possible to list.. its an error that occurs on input window.. and does not let you get past it. and it is unrelated to whether domain is already listed or not.. or whether it is even registered. in short, gd auctions just checks a name for premium status. and blocks the input window there. it does not care about current listing status or even the registratoin status at all.

however, you make good suggestion to try to list on gd auctions through afternic. I will try it later on. those should appear on godaddy auctions then.

since Joe styler indicated that premium .co names are okay to list on gd auctions in terms of whether they'd be okay to sell there (due to non premium renewal costs).. then I think we would not be breaking any rules by listing on gd auctions via afternic.. correct @Joe Styler ? as I understand premium .co names qualify for being listed on gd auctions.. its just that there is a bug that prevents them from doing so... that Joe said may not get fixed any time soon.

ty

•••
Just received HIGHSCORE dot CO to my account again!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back