IT.COM
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Do you have the whois search nameserver thingee LOL
sorry I don't know what it's called.
But my scanner won't search properly for .co
says they are all available :D

should be something like this, whois.crsnic.net but for .co

Obviously I didn't check all 17,000 combinations :) I just checked a sample of 100 mixed LLL.co's with at least one bad letter. All taken.

•••
OK, I checked ALL remaining LLL.co and they are all gone. Looks like most of remaining LLLs (200+) were taken from a same person (whois shows contact in China), 3 days ago.

@mis_chiff server is whois.nic.co

•••
OK, I checked ALL remaining LLL.co and they are all gone. Looks like most of remaining LLLs (200+) were taken from a same person (whois shows contact in China), 3 days ago.

Bad move by whoever to go and register the sloppy seconds :bah:

•••
Looks like most of remaining LLLs (200+) were taken from a same person (whois shows contact in China), 3 days ago.

I guess someone in China saw the Joan Rivers comercial. :talk:

•••
I guess someone in China saw the Joan Rivers comercial. :talk:

:sold: So long as it wasn't you or missy I'm fine. I need you both to save up for survivor :hehe:

•••
When you consider .com has 90,000,000 registrations and 20% are junk,

%20? I would say more then 80% (from domainers point of view - domain only, excluding website).

•••
The reason why domainers are eager with LLL is because many uses as shorten url missed in .com
Best are LL or L but you know as me price is really out of individual pocket. (o.co, no_url_shorteners, tmg.co, nwc.co...)

Ok to be honest .co is really hyped just like all tlds .biz,.tv, .pro.. and the latest was .me and .tel

The positive side compare to other tlds are:
- Most domain registrars are accepting .co compare to .tel or .pro
- GoDaddy one of the leader is promoting via Real Big Media
- .co have been used by Top companies in any languages just treated as a shorter .com compare to .me (wp.me, no_url_shorteners...) tld witch is only understandable in english.
- 600 000 reg in a short period have been not seen in other tld

Some reg stats:
.pro (since launch to oct 2010: 51 000+)source: total.pro
.me (oct 2009: 200 000, 2011?) source: nic.me
.tel (may 2009: 200,000 domains in six weeks since launch, 2011?) source: telnic.org

Is 600 000 for .co since launch leading other TLD in number of reg? what forecast will be after a year?

Will it be adopted by .com users and see as .net, .org, I doubt so! You won't hear it anymore in 1 year just like all tlds that have been launch.
A replacement for .com? probably for domainers but not for companies and everyone, .com is .com
So any good? my answer yes for domain business like all tlds with L, LL, LLL, some LLLL, generic, all other will be see as crap.
So invest? Yes on premium, no on other (honest here). But as I only have 1 precious domain .co I will say everybody go for .co even crap ones so the more reg will be made the more value my .co will be and the more registrar will make money and promote it :)

Last edited:
•••
Looks like all LLL.co's are gone. I think that's been the fastest LLL.tld buyout ever!
If that is the case, I don't think it was a wise move. That person just swallowed the less desirable combos nobody wanted.

A few years back Adam (DNF) did the same thing with .ca, bought perhaps 5K of them (?) but offloaded them recently.

Quantity over quality is the kiss of death in this game :talk:

•••

Speak the truth!!! That's a lesson that takes lots of time for many to learn :imho:

•••
%20? I would say more then 80% (from domainers point of view - domain only, excluding website).

sorry, I had it reversed. I meant 80% were worthless.

---------- Post added at 04:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:22 PM ----------

If that is the case, I don't think it was a wise move. That person just swallowed the less desirable combos nobody wanted.

A few years back Adam (DNF) did the same thing with .ca, bought perhaps 5K of them (?) but offloaded them recently.

In no way has this .co marketing resembled past extensions. Why do you dwell on this?

Last edited:
•••
Looks like all LLL.co's are gone. I think that's been the fastest LLL.tld buyout ever!
7 months after it's 're-launch'??? Yeah, a lighting fast buyout. :rolleyes: Might want to check some stats on some other extensions and their lll buyout time frames.

---------- Post added at 04:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:39 PM ----------

Originally Posted by sdsinc

Quantity over quality is the kiss of death in this game
In no way has this .co marketing resembled past extensions. Why do you dwell on this?
:-/ Uhh, where does saying Adam bought 5k lll .ca's, have anything to do with 'dwelling on' an extensions marketing?!? :rolleyes: I think it's time you take off your 'any statement must be against my precious .co' goggles, and not take everything as a negative implication against (poor) .co. You're now reading things that.. just aren't there!

•••

:o Someone spent a lot of $ on crappy domains... I made a whois program and checked them all 3 days ago and there were around 3000 still available, almost all unusable. I could pick only eib.co and I hope to flip it soon.

•••
:o Someone spent a lot of $ on crappy domains... I made a whois program and checked them all 3 days ago and there were around 3000 still available, almost all unusable. I could pick only eib.co and I hope to flip it soon.

Weird, I check and none available even crap ones. Your software have a bug, I'm sure.

•••
Weird, I check and none available even crap ones. Your software have a bug, I'm sure.

I think you didn't understand my post. I wrote that they were available 3 days ago! Please read more carefully next time.

•••
All this really makes me curious as to how many .co domains were registered in the last week/or total.

Tomorrow the sedo .co auction starts. Hopefully it will go well. Drugstore.co seems to be up for $250,000 which strikes me as highly unrealistic - is that so?

(Since I have two names that are similar to drugstore.co, am even more curious than would otherwise be) =)

•••
:o Someone spent a lot of $ on crappy domains... I made a whois program and checked them all 3 days ago and there were around 3000 still available,

You must have made some mistake while parsing whois response, I did full scan at 01.19.2011 (check post in this thread) and less then 1000 were available.

•••
All this really makes me curious as to how many .co domains were registered in the last week/or total.

Tomorrow the sedo .co auction starts. Hopefully it will go well. Drugstore.co seems to be up for $250,000 which strikes me as highly unrealistic - is that so?

(Since I have two names that are similar to drugstore.co, am even more curious than would otherwise be) =)

Yep the big day for .co investors, it will tell if .co is success or will fail in future.
Any of domainers going to bid?

•••
I did a scan on all CVCV.co premium letter combinations and they were all taken, letters used for scan was a, b, c, d, e, i, l, m, n, o, r, s, t.

Last edited:
•••
Yep the big day for .co investors, it will tell if .co is success or will fail in future.

I think you're going to see some investors bid on some of the better names, yes. The future of .CO is definitely still up in the air, but the marketing efforts have at least gotten the attention of a few veteran domainers, so I think people are going to be watching the auction closely, if for curiosity more than anything.

I think people realize that if there's a chance the extension could continue to grow, that the premium 1-word terms are only going to continue to increase in price. Therefore, while some are selling early on, this presents an opportunity for others who are looking to pick up some decent keyword terms in the aftermarket.

Many of the reserves are not dirt cheap, so obviously the premium terms will only go to those who are serious and have the resources. People probably won't go hog wild, but if someone finds a name that's relevant to their development plans, or that they have a hunch will increase in value over the next few years, why not?

Risk is relative. For some people, those reserves aren't significant.

If Sedo's claims that they've contacted end users about Mike Mann's names are correct, it will be interesting to see what happens with those. I don't see them all selling. But some.

It's exciting. Let's hope they're staggering the auction end times - someone mentioned a .mobi auction disaster from several years ago where the names all ended at the same time, causing confusion as to who actually won them. I think Sedo's better than that now. :)

•••

Perfect, thanks :)

Obviously I didn't check all 17,000 combinations :) I just checked a sample of 100 mixed LLL.co's with at least one bad letter. All taken.
That's ok, just needed the whois thingee - MattheP had it :).

:sold: So long as it wasn't you or missy I'm fine. I need you both to save up for survivor :hehe:
No worries there, I don't have that kinda cash LOL

•••
There are only 17,576 possible 3 letter combinations, looks like all LLL.co have been reg, I can't find 1 at hand reg since weeks now. Hmmmm!!!

i remember back in nov '10 when i was trying to update ppl by keeping a list of available 3L.CO combos. there were thousands still during that time. i just rechecked. all gone.

•••
i remember back in nov '10 when i was trying to update ppl by keeping a list of available 3L.CO combos. there were thousands still during that time. i just rechecked. all gone.

Yep, no more on reg fee, aftermarket only! I check link of your sig and couldn't find any .co
Why, skeptical?

•••
7 months after it's 're-launch'??? Yeah, a lighting fast buyout. :rolleyes: Might want to check some stats on some other extensions and their lll buyout time frames.
OK, if you let us have your enlightening stats, you'll do all of us a kind favour. ;)

---------- Post added at 11:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 AM ----------

I did a scan on all CVCV.co premium letter combinations and they were all taken, letters used for scan was a, b, c, d, e, i, l, m, n, o, r, s, t.

That's correct. All gone.

---------- Post added at 11:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:01 AM ----------

The future of .CO is definitely still up in the air, but the marketing efforts have at least gotten the attention of a few veteran domainers, so I think people are going to be watching the auction closely, if for curiosity more than anything.

Agreed. Nobody can predict the future, but at least .CO has been having some mainstream coverage (including LATimes, NYTimes, Overstock commercials and the SuperBowl one). There hasn't been a lack of efforts at all.

---------- Post added at 11:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:10 AM ----------

I agree, quality over quantity is the way to go in domaining, but that's his/her money at the end of the day :)

Last edited:
•••
It depends on the definition of 'future'. Some people like to move the goalposts :hehe:
It's not going to crash like .mobi .tel, in the worst case it will stand for Colombia.
But I think it will be a failure for domainers because few will make money out of it, and I bet it's not going to be in the same league as other major extensions like CNO. It has the potential to beat .biz but even that remains to be seen. I'm only saying its potential is overrated.

•••

---------- Post added at 04:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:39 PM ----------

:-/ Uhh, where does saying Adam bought 5k lll .ca's, have anything to do with 'dwelling on' an extensions marketing?!? :rolleyes: I think it's time you take off your 'any statement must be against my precious .co' goggles, and not take everything as a negative implication against (poor) .co. You're now reading things that.. just aren't there!

Thank-you for the wonderful advice and we also thank-you for your support of the .co extension. Not comparing with other extensions is why we appreciate this level of dedication you have to .co domains. Cheers!

@sdsinc

Absolutely agree. Quality over quantity anyday.

---------- Post added at 04:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:44 AM ----------

I don't think this auction will say much about the .co extension. The auction of the single letters over the course of the next two years will say more along with steadily increasing daily sales. Daily sales are still the staple of any business.

A short story of someone who has been making money with .co domains since the beginning.

hubpages.com/hub/How-to-Make-Money-with-CO-Domain-Names

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back