Domain Empire

discuss .co is cute; However .com has more weightage ...!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Duck_Duck_Domain

Established Member
Impact
Just a question...3L .com domains price range is more than 30k USD as a the premium in the secondary market.

Whereas 3L.co domains are not getting even half the price or maybe less why?

FYI, read somewhere about the renewal cost .co is double or maybe two and half times can be one of the reason, but honestly, I don't agree with that viewpoint has a difference of about 15 USD per yearly not much of an amount for any individual or company.

On the contrary it looks great and more suitable for any company to look on the face of it. For example, ABC. co is looking good compare to ABC.com, also .co is very easy to remember and type (no need to type one more letter) - This what I believe and hope it's right too...

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Sure, thats the case and I do not deny that.

My point is that most of even the domainers themselve think "king" means "top" so when they say ".com is king." they think it means ".com is top." but in fact .com is just what they say, it is king and (therefore) not top.

This is why I am not surprised that most people (would) prefer .com, they simply do not understand that .com is not top.
Wouldnt .one be the best by your logic? .top might be on top but .one will always be number one. (:

•••
Why do you keep mentioning about "top" all the time. .COM is king and will remain there, nobody mentions "top" except you. It's the strongest extension 100 times over (thats what people mean by king) and that is what everyone is referring to. If an extension is the king of extensions, its the extension at the "top" of the pile, is that a better way to explain it. 🙄
Because it is necessary to highlight that there is a difference between a king status and the top status.

We all agree that .com has king status - but only a few know that this also means that it has not top status.

So no matter how "strong" (?) .com is, it has not the top status, it has a king status only and whoever means that .com is top when saying .com is king has to restart in domaining.

I keep mentioning about top all the time because members keep mentioning ".com is king" all the time - and that obviously in the belive that this means ".com is top." which is false because .com is not top, it is king.

My point in regards to this thread is that it is important to understand this hierarchy before comparing the TLD .com with any other TLD (like .co in this case).

•••
Wouldnt .one be the best by your logic? .top might be on top but .one will always be number one. (:
No, that's your "logic" and I don't agree to it because "top" does not nead another word before "top" to understand "top" while "one" does need the word "number" before "one" to understand that you mean "number one".

But let's not forget that this thread is not about the top TLD .top but about the difference between the king TLD, .com, and it's "tiny brother", the TLD .co which are both popular but not top.

•••
Because it is necessary to highlight that there is a difference between a king status and the top status.

We all agree that .com has king status - but only a few know that this also means that it has not top status.

So no matter how "strong" (?) .com is, it has not the top status, it has a king status only and whoever means that .com is top when saying .com is king has to restart in domaining.

I keep mentioning about top all the time because members keep mentioning ".com is king" all the time - and that obviously in the belive that this means ".com is top." which is false because .com is not top, it is king.

My point in regards to this thread is that it is important to understand this hierarchy before comparing the TLD .com with any other TLD (like .co in this case).

In domaining king is the top extension, its the same thing when people refer to the best, strongest extension, youre trying to convince people these have different meanings, which is ridiculous, they dont.

.COM is king, top, best, strongest, most popular, elite, powerful, its all the same, its just a word people use on here to say the best extension. You really are overthinking this all. Good luck with this. Im done here and unwatching this thread now.

Last edited:
•••
No, that's your "logic" and I don't agree to it because "top" does not nead another word before "top" to understand "top" while "one" does need the word "number" before "one" to understand that you mean "number one".

But let's not forget that this thread is not about the top TLD .top but about the difference between the king TLD, .com, and it's "tiny brother", the TLD .co which are both popular but not top.
I guess that's fair, sorry I misread the reply haha.

•••
for most people outside of domaining, .co is a mispelling of .com

•••
there is no comparison to .com. however, solid one-worders in .io & .co are the joint next best domain investments

•••
In domaining king is the top extension, its the same thing when people refer to the best, strongest extension, youre trying to convince people these have different meanings, which is ridiculous, they dont.
No, in domaining, .com is the king - extension, but (and therefore) definitely not the top - extension (since kings are not at the top).

I am not trying to convince people about it, but rather I make them aware of this essential fact.

I can understand that king - TLD investors that are already aware of this fact are in a difficult situation, they simply insisting on the nonsensical idea that .com would be top to defend their investment which of course I can understand and I wish every king - TLD - investor the best with his investment.
But I can not close my eyes in this matter so whenever I read that someone wrote .com is top, I have to correct this false claim, because .com is not top.

.COM is king, top, best, strongest, most popular, elite, powerful, its all the same, its just a word people use on here to say the best extension. You really are overthinking this all. Good luck with this. Im done here and unwatching this thread now.
.com is (.com a. k. a.) king and however you call it ("best", "strongest", "most popular", "elite", "powerful" or whatever), you won't make it top because it is (king and a king is) not top.

So also if you continue saying .com is top, it isn't.

.com means not more than .com(mercial) so the reason why it is not top is actually obvious (only top is top).

If various words would have no different meanings, language would not make any sense and so it is not a coincindence that .com is not top.

.com remains as king - TLD which is not (and will never be) top and .co remains as little prince which looks up to the king while both, king and prince are observed from the top.

•••
.co is wanna be .com

That simple.

It's also a country code + it costs double or triple a .com to renew.

•••
•••
If you get any other domain extension you are going to be sending a lot of typin traffic to the dot com.

•••
.co is wanna be .com

That simple.

It's also a country code + it costs double or triple a .com to renew.
I agree. Even .io and .tv both have identities in ways that .co doesn't.

Last edited:
•••
I don’t know how you gather that 3L domains are “very popular” ....D0t com is not a domain

•••
•••
•••
there is no comparison to .com.
Just like there is no comparison to other TLDs - all TLDs are unique.

However, they all - except one - have one thing in common: They are not top.
And the exception is not the .com TLD, as .com is already king (and therefore not top).

however, solid one-worders in .io & .co are the joint next best domain investments
The next best domain investment (after top - TLD - domain names) are king - TLD - domain names.

•••
@DOMAIN ILLUMINATI the .top joke was funny at the start but you don't need to keep dragging it out

•••
Last edited:
•••
.top = top

.com = king
.co = prince

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back