Dynadot

Co.com Registry: Will You be Registering Any These Sub-domains?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Received this email from Paul Goldstone from the co.com registry:

I'm very excited to pass along the attached press release and photos, announcing that we are setting up a registry for co.com domain names. Ken Hansen has resigned his position at Neustar to lead this effort as CEO of "Co.com, LLC", with myself as President and Gregg McNair as Chairman.

The three of us chose a select group of industry insiders including yourself to lead the announcement of this news and we thank you in advance for your support!

No, I won't be registering any of these sub domains. I think it's a loser proposition.

What is your take on this?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Another Centralnic TLD. Good 'TLD' for suckers :o

•••
Are they free?

It reminds me the time when we could get free .co.in lol

Its a crappy extension.

MO

•••
Nope.

It is a subdomain, not a real extension.

It will just be a waste of money.

Brad

•••
Do you like .us.com?
if the answer is no then why would you like .co.com?

•••
•••
Nope ... I've got my own domains :)

•••
Note that some domains could get traffic intended for the .com.co, but that doesn't make it a great investment. This one is clearly banking on potential confusion.

•••
Are they free?

It reminds me the time when we could get free .co.in lol

Its a crappy extension.

MO

I have sold over $300K of those crappy .co.in

Anything.co.com is simply another registry come on to compensate for falling sales based on confusion.

•••
Thanks for this awesome post. There’s a lot of useful and interesting information on here. Keep up the top work!

http://plagiarism-checker.info

Last edited:
•••
With the influx of all the new gTLDs, people can afford to be choosier than ever before. I don't see a bright future for second-rate extensions like this one when people are inundated with options.

This would have been significantly more successful years ago than it will be today or tomorrow. Bad timing.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back