Dynadot

.club .Club Showcase and Discussion Thread

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
With the recent popularity and domination of the new gTLD registrations in the .Club extension, it's appropriate to get a showcase and discussion thread going for the extension. Use this thread to showcase .Club domains you invested in, Discuss .Club, and point out record breaking .Club sales.

I'll get things started by showing off our new .Club that redirects back to NamePros ::: DomainName.Club ::::

What .Clubs have you guys and gals invested in?
Any great .Club news that others should be aware of?
What are some (Verifiable) mind blowing .club sales you've seen?
How much are you enjoying your new .club?
Know of any developed .Clubs that look cool?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
@NickWarner - Virgin.Club is considered a generic domain. It could mean many things. Unless your intention is to register and use it in bad faith, you need not worry about any UDRP. But nonetheless, it is a good name!

In 2014, ".Club" is being recognized as the gTLD with the best marketing and outreach program to end-users etc. So in that sense, congratulations to the .Club team.

P.S As I am writing this, NIC.CLUB has been hacked?

•••
•••
Yeap, they seemed to have been hacked

•••
•••
Was it running on WP if anyone knows ?

•••
Was it running on WP if anyone knows ?

You can check the site with wayback machine, then right click and view the source code.

(I checked it, and yup, it is a WP site)

•••
You can check the site with wayback machine, then right click and view the source code.

(I checked it, and yup, it is a WP site)

Thanks, looks like it might be the slider plugin which was exploitable and used by many WP sites.

•••
Any WP with a search function in their (may or may not be WP) are vulnerable too....except for Google (Google "hacks" their own system to test for flaws and vulnerabilities I believe)

•••
I could see a great synergy between .club and subscription box services like Subbly & CrateJoy. These are small businesses that are signing up for these "box subscription" service providers, many without a domain name for their new enterprise. There's more open names in .club (considerable user frustration with those trying to get their name in .com) and it's a good fit since a .club domain fits someone getting into the subscription box business.

•••
@NickWarner - Virgin.Club is considered a generic domain. It could mean many things. Unless your intention is to register and use it in bad faith, you need not worry about any UDRP. But nonetheless, it is a good name!

In 2014, ".Club" is being recognized as the gTLD with the best marketing and outreach program to end-users etc. So in that sense, congratulations to the .Club team.

P.S As I am writing this, NIC.CLUB has been hacked?

YUP we were hacked - pretty badly through the holidays. My guys kept the site down until they could figure out the root cause. We solved it and everything was back up and running smoothly about 48 hours later.

Thankfully no embarrassing North Korean emails leaked :)

•••
@Colin Campbell - Nice, now that everything's normal, all the best for 2015! Your marketing outreach will help spread the awareness of all the new gTLDs. :D

•••
@Colin Campbell good to know all back to normal.
lol about North Korea leaks
congrats and cheers !!! dot club ranked #2 position among new gtlds in 2014

•••
Crayon.club
Ellie.club

The thought process behind crayon was a kids fun/games site, I have toyed with putting up a poster, image site for kids to print things off to colour in though also a brandable crèche or after school online club, any thoughts?

•••
Crayon.club
Ellie.club

The thought process behind crayon was a kids fun/games site, I have toyed with putting up a poster, image site for kids to print things off to colour in though also a brandable crèche or after school online club, any thoughts?

I just checked the USPTO, and I couldn't find a trademark for Crayon. That was my first worry when I heard the name. Its a great name. I love the idea. If you get it up and running let us know so we can promote it.

•••
recently booked
f1live.club
yawn.club

•••
Registered

SEI.Club (Six in Italian)
EEN.Club (A or An in Dutch)

•••
Italian.club sells for 5000 on sedo.

•••
•••
Registered

Plantation.club

•••
Coffee.club hitting top spot on my google search.

Great article about it and how the new gTLDs are getting indexed on Google. Domains with meaning could have real value while new gTLDs that have generic endings may have less value.

http://blog.europeandomaincentre.com/google-reads-coffee-club-as-coffee-club/

Google continues to deny it makes any difference (content relevancy only), On Google+ in response to a post I specially asked John Mueller (Matt Cutts on vacation) about this and got the same answer - EMD or keyword dot keyword (logical search string) domain name makes no difference to Google..where as I have seen interesting data based studies showing otherwise, including our own experience with dot CLUB names.

•••
We registered WhiteLabel.Club

•••
I think after the successful NamesCon auction the demand for dot CLUB continues to be robust as a leader among nTLDs (with relevancy) - just booked:

MyFeedback.CLUB
PriceWatch.CLUB

•••
VPSHosting.club

DomainAppraisal.club

•••
VPSHosting.club

DomainAppraisal.club

NOT to bad with the DomainAppraisal.club. Honestly it could be a winner IF you spent a good amount of time and resources to build it out. Look at estibot. We as domainers can give 2 shits about what price it spits out BUT it is highly visited by tons of people and it gives other metrics.

Find a coder who will work with you and make this a brand for 2015. Dont just market it as just another appraisal site but give us tons of info to go with it. You may give estibot a run for its money

•••
NOT to bad with the DomainAppraisal.club. Honestly it could be a winner IF you spent a good amount of time and resources to build it out. Look at estibot. We as domainers can give 2 shits about what price it spits out BUT it is highly visited by tons of people and it gives other metrics.

Find a coder who will work with you and make this a brand for 2015. Dont just market it as just another appraisal site but give us tons of info to go with it. You may give estibot a run for its money
Thanks for your suggestion. Sure I will consider developing it. A developed site may fetch more revenue than just selling this name IMO...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back