Dynadot

advice Closeout domain on GD - will I actually get it?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Truespin Domains

Top Member
Impact
I saw unhooked dot org in GD closeouts and thought "why not".

After buying I checked whois and noticed it was owned by a different registrar. GD obviously do expired domains for a few registrars so nothing too odd, but I also noticed that the expiry date wasn't until 2021.

This made me think the domain had been renewed by the owner and GD hadn't got the memo. But the domain status is sitting as autoRenewPeriod.

I'm not particularly fussed, but am I likely to see this in my account soon, or is it going to result in a refund?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Upon expiration the registrar has to pay to renew it starting the auto renew grace period. If the registrant doesn't renew it (and it dosent sell at auction) they can drop the domain to gry the renewal cost back and it goes to redemption grace period. So with the status being autoRenewPeriod the renewal has not been paid by the registrant.

Sounds like all is normal GD will just need the old registrar to transfer it over then they'll add it to your GD account.

Some other registrars may still allow the original registrant to renew it until the last second so there is a chance you might not get it.

GD should've provided an estimate of when you can expect to get it in your account.

EDIT didnt realize how long ago the OP was. I'm guessing you did get it and whois now shows it at GD.

Last edited:
•••
Yes they always make you wait up to 14 days.

I have gotten all names, i've ordered from Godaddy closeouts (Ategy NameCult list)

Great deals, but Godaddy the worst, best to forget about the "purchase."
If you dont get it, as you said, they will refund the purchase

Samer

Last edited:
•••
I'm not particularly fussed, but am I likely to see this in my account soon, or is it going to result in a refund?

:ROFL: "Soon" and "GD Closeouts" is an oxymoron. :ROFL: learned hard way.

Worst delivery time, out of all.

@Joe Styler update make Godaddy closeouts less delivery time?

Why does it take so long to deliver?

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back