Status
Not open for further replies.

The CEO

Established Member
Impact
Need your appraisal on this name.

Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Snake and Ladders is a board game.

You could sell it to a developer who develops this video game, but you won't be selling at a high price for two reasons. The plural version (with an "s" at the end) is more common and more correct, but yours is singular. This alone makes a whole world of difference. The plural version is a category-killer, but the singular name looks like an error. The singular form is worth one-tenth or less than the plural form.

Secondly, Snake and Ladders is not a very popular game, so it's unlikely that there will be a game big enough for a developer to invest that much in it.

It's not a good brandable. The name is too long, too uncommon, and too incorrect (because it's not plural), to be a brandable.

Maybe you could sell it to a general board game website, but, again, it's not a very brandable name. Also, board games (except the common ones like chess and checkers) are not very popular (and profitable) compared to video games.

I don't even think SnakeAndLadder is an EMD. The Google Keyword research tool converts plural keywords into singular keywords. I'm afraid that only the plural form is an EMD.

If you want to optimize for EMD alone, use the plural form but with a net or org TLD. Google does not prioritize com TLDs over net or org TLDs.

In my opinion, EMDs are overrated. Category-killer domains are far more important than EMDs.

Last edited:
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back