IT.COM

discuss Close selling threads from search engines

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Dmytro

Established Member
Impact
Hi all,

What do you think if NP closes all selling threads from search engines?

If I was a buyer, first of all I would try to find the value of domain name that I want to buy. Now these threads open for search engines and you can easily find the needed one.

Of course you don't have to sell the domain cheaper only because the buyer knows the old price, but it may be the beginning of psychological/manipulation games.

Any ideas?

Attachments

• Domain.jpg
    Domain.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 136
  • NP domain.jpg
    NP domain.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 132
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Would be nice....but i don't think it will happen...

Edit
Have taken away the link as it was irrelevant

Last edited:
•••
If you ask the seller to remove the details from the title and the first post you should be good. Its the downside of buying domains here but most sellers will cooperate. Also ask them to remove that name from all platforms.

•••
yeah indeed
and take it out of archive.org as well!

--- and tell us how you did it successfully afterwards ---

•••
Average person doesn’t use archive.org IMO

•••
If you ask the seller to remove the details from the title and the first post you should be good. Its the downside of buying domains here but most sellers will cooperate. Also ask them to remove that name from all platforms.
Yeah I make always like that but you can find a lot of closed threads with open domains.

It's more like extra protection, if you forget to remove the name. or for people who don't know about that feature.

Last edited:
•••
•••
I've not bought names on here (LLLL) because when I googled them the NP sales page came up on the first page of results. Not indexing the sales pages would be good.

•••

No, that doesn't work. It still comes up. I tried when I saw this thread.

I agree that, ideally, marketplace domains shouldn't be indexed but it's how NP gets a lot of their traffic, I imagine, so they won't be willing to make that change.

•••
I've not bought names on here (LLLL) because when I googled them the NP sales page came up on the first page of results. Not indexing the sales pages would be good.
Completely agree.

•••
I know this has been brought up before, so what is the downside to wiping these threads?

They provide no content, so what’s the point of keeping them indexed.

•••
I know this has been brought up before, so what is the downside to wiping these threads?

They provide no content, so what’s the point of keeping them indexed.

They provide traffic.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back