Dynadot

CJ disabled my account

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Ixix

Think for yourselfEstablished Member
Impact
*scratches head*

I don't get it, i log in today to my commission junction account and it says that my account was disabled...i didn't even get an email

trying to find a contact email, but i can't find one

:'(

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
If you don't have sales for half a year, you are disabled by default.

CJ is like that, all your previous commission you've earned will be gone and you need to recreate another account.

•••
cj did that to me, and they didn't even reply to any emails i sent.
really annoying :(

Did you click on any links that were in your account e.g. the affilaite links?

do you have register using another email?

•••
They disabled my account not long ago after not earning no revenue for 3/6 months with them.

Lost the money i had in my account. Wont ever be using them again very poor busniess model just taking money ive earned...theft comes to mind ...

•••
Isis said:
*scratches head*

I don't get it, i log in today to my commission junction account and it says that my account was disabled...i didn't even get an email

trying to find a contact email, but i can't find one

:'(
Did you do anything that may have caused them to be suspicious of your account? I see this all the time with Adsense. People complaining that their account was disabled yet they didn't think them clicking the ads (some up to 10-20 times daily) was a big deal.

•••
jmweb said:
Did you do anything that may have caused them to be suspicious of your account? I see this all the time with Adsense. People complaining that their account was disabled yet they didn't think them clicking the ads (some up to 10-20 times daily) was a big deal.

As above if you dont login your CJ account for a while or you dont generate no income for a while they boot you off the program and take any money you have earned.

As most of CJ is incentized through buying and not PPC this is very unlikly.

•••
dc1pop said:
As above if you dont login your CJ account for a while or you dont generate no income for a while they boot you off the program and take any money you have earned.

As most of CJ is incentized through buying and not PPC this is very unlikly.
Sorry I wasn't aware that he didn't generate any income. I musta missed that PM.

•••
•••
jmweb said:
Sorry I wasn't aware that he didn't generate any income. I musta missed that PM.

It's not ppc, it's pay per sale, pay per lead.....

i haven't made money in a while, but i had a bout 6.25 dollars left from my last payout..... a couple of months a go, i did really good...i had about but they didn't pay me the entire amount...

disabling an account for not making a sale? Taking away the remaining commissions? that's not really fair

•••
Isis said:

i haven't made money in a while, but i had a bout 6.25 dollars left from my last payout..... a couple of months a go, i did really good...i had about but they didn't pay me the entire amount...

disabling an account for not making a sale? Taking away the remaining commissions? that's not really fair

Agreed. Have you had a response from them yet?

I did get a response saying that id have to resign up. However i told them to forget it and to get their system to stop emailing me promotional adverts which it now has to good effect.

•••
Having to compete with the amount of parasites in CJ, it is no surprise that sales took a downturn in the past six months. Same thing happen to me.

•••
no response yet, just some autresponder saying they got my email

my intuition says i won't hear back, or will get a message march of 2007....

•••
Isis said:

When was your last sale?

•••
Several Major Advertisers have jumped ship from Commision Junction
in the last 12 Months .
Therefore I would not worry about it ,Isis ,Just signup at LinkShare.com
Where most of them have shifted to.
Linkshare Doesn't Cancel accounts if you don't make sales,they actually try to Figure out why, so you start making sales.

•••
Barefoottech said:
Several Major Advertisers have jumped ship from Commision Junction
in the last 12 Months .
Therefore I would not worry about it ,Isis ,Just signup at LinkShare.com
Where most of them have shifted to.
Linkshare Doesn't Cancel accounts if you don't make sales,they actually try to Figure out why, so you start making sales.

Thanks for that!!

Might just do that :)

Isis said:
no response yet, just some autresponder saying they got my email

my intuition says i won't hear back, or will get a message march of 2007....

I got one about 5 days later basically saying my accoutn cant be reactivated blah blah blah, basically a computer generated mail.

•••
CJ is more of a site for the biggiest ones. They don't care about people making $10 a month they want people making $100,000 a month. That is how it is and that is how they will always be. If you make more than a $500 a month JOIN them. If you don't I would suggest you look around for some other affiliate programs.

iNod.

•••
Bah. CJ is the best affiliate network - far superior to Linkshare. It's too bad you were disabled, but there is ALWAYS a reason..... ALWAYS.

•••
I have been using CJ for years now and recommanded them to many. If you fail to make at least one sale in 6 months period, your account will be closed.

This has happend to a friend of mine and I also contacted CJ for him. They told me to open a new account for him and thats it.

So, you can open a new account if you want but make sure you make at least one sale each 6 months. Good Luck ;)

•••
Yes, given a choice I would still use CJ instead of Linkshare until they improve.

Linkshare payment is confusing and they like to send checks of very small amount which you cannot bank in if you have to pay bank charges like me. Also, when I switch my links to Linkshare, my sales drop further.

Maybe they are the two big networks targeted by the search engines, maybe you're feeding the parasites on spyware infected systems that is buying from your aff links. Who knows.

•••
So sorry Isis. I hate it when they do that to people.

Have you checked out www.shareasale.com? Lots of top affiliates prefer that network because it's parasite-free. It tends to have smaller merchants than CJ but also less competition.

Best of Luck!

•••
I got a reply..... and i've learned a very valuable lesson,

!!!!STAY AWAY FROM COMMISSION JUNCTION!!!!!​

just a recap, commission junction disabled my account last week. i had about $6.25 residual left from a large amoount of sales i made in february of 05. I think i made about $125 in commission, but being the pigs they are, they left $6.25 from the check amount.

here's the message i got today in my email

Hello Sir,

Your account has been deactivated due to inactivity in your Commission Junction account.
Your account was officially deactivated as of 12/1/05. As stated in the Publisher Service Agreement (PSA), any publisher account which does not generate any revenue within a period of six consecutive months will be charged a Dormant Account Fee of either $10 or the account balance, whichever is less. If the account balance is zero and a publisher account has not generated any revenue within a period of six consecutive months, the account will be deactivated. The Dormant Account Fee or balances less than $25 cannot be paid out.

Keep my money....that's ok. Personally, i'd rather not do business with a "trusted 3rd party" company that steals from affiliates....

•••
Join Cpaempire.com this won't happen to you

•••
my cj account was disabled too and only my linkshare.com was retained, the reason is im from the Philippines that's why

•••
Ha, I'm good with CJ earning $793 for December. IMO, they are much better then other networks since they actually count all the leads (some networks don't even count the leads which you generate, they just pretend your site is not sending them anything).

I had some issues with them, but a gentleman from CJ was nice enough to send me an email stating the issues and giving me 5 days to correct them. I corrected them, and he replied to my email within 24 hours telling me that they will be happy to work with our company.

•••
mf said:
Ha, I'm good with CJ earning $793 for December. IMO, they are much better then other networks since they actually count all the leads (some networks don't even count the leads which you generate, they just pretend your site is not sending them anything).
tha's a good income you got there from cj, when i was still with them they are a good payer i receivd my cj whistler and t-shirt from them

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back