IT.COM

CJ.com - CHECK THIS OUT * Not Making $?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

khuram16

Account Closed
Impact
I started up an account with CJ.com aka Commision Junction. I wanted to see if the program was any good, because it was paying $5 - $100 per lead. So, I asked a friend of mine who lives in Dallas, to sign up for a lead through my website.

CJ.com did not pay me for this lead! I don't know how quick the site updates or what the deal is. It was my first lead, and no payment so im curious if the program is any good...

Any thoughts or suggestions?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
1st Suggestion: Don't ask friends to sign up on something they are not interested in -_-

•••
Nothing wrong with testing out a system, I suggest you wait a litle while longer to see results.

•••
Did you allow time for the lead to be approved? It could take a couple of days.

•••
My personel experiences with CJ have been outstanding...I have been using them for 4 years now..Never a delay in payment...It may just be the two to four day wait period for the approval as RJ says.

•••
DN Tycoon said:
Nothing wrong with testing out a system, I suggest you wait a litle while longer to see results.

Depends on the "system" ;)

•••
I have a long history of very good service from CJ too. HOWEVER recently they have gone to total shit. I have several open suport issues that have not even been responded to by anything but their automated system. One of these issues has been open a full month with no response. They have several hundred dollars of my erning that they are not relasing as well and they will not respond to anything I send. As of now I will not recommend CJ to anyone for any reason.

•••
I heard this a lot of times.
I also don't understand why hostgator pays 65 if you sign up form their website and 100$ at cj.com (+ they must pay cj around 30%).
The only logical explanation would be, that cj don't pay for all refferals (let's say that it pays 5 of 10).

•••
It doesnt matter to me as long as I get Paid :)

•••
I never got a reply to any of my questions.. They suck in this section too..

•••
Dear *********,

The purpose of this letter is to inform you that your publisher account has been
removed from the Commission Junction network and your earnings have been reversed
("charged-back") from your account and credited back to the relevant advertiser(s).
This is the result of non-bona fide transactions identified by the latest audit
performed on your account. Non-bona fide transactions include false, self inflated,
and/or duplicate leads or transactions.

You are not eligible to rejoin the CJ Marketplace and any attempt to do so will
result in immediate termination and reversal.

If you have any further questions regarding this issue, please respond to this e-mail.

Sincerely,

Network Quality

this is what i got from CJ.com as they should pay me US$1009 but they just suspended my account without any further investigation.

•••
This is the result of non-bona fide transactions identified by the latest audit
performed on your account. Non-bona fide transactions include false, self inflated,
and/or duplicate leads or transactions.

Are yuou doing something like that? If you are not, ask them to show proof then. And post here so we can believe you.

•••
Never had a problem with CJ until now at least.. Although the people in the Network Quality part really suck!! And i think they don't get some things too easy you need to explain it like 10 times to them.. I mean wtf why all these "big" companies have so stupid staff?.. :/

•••
Cj is reputable and pays on time.

Some sales/leads do not track for a variety of reasons (like user cookies being deleted.) Some merchants BATCH upload leads after they check to be sure they are valid which can cause a delay in when the trasaction posts depending on how often the merchant uploads their batches.

•••
Some advertisers don't pay. If your friend tested the link for you and they didnt pay anything, drop that advertiser and join with one that does pay. I suggest that you send them a "You have been terminated from our affiliate program" letter to make their day better. I had long arguments with one of the advertiser in CJ and they kept insisting that they pay and that its just that my website is not doing well even though we tried the links ourselves from different computers with different people signing up (we actually found some friends that might be interested it that type of service and asked them to go online, click on our link and sign up, this took a lot of work), but we never got any income from them.

I contacted the CJ staff regarding this also and they said everything is working fine, and that I should check my links (I learned that CJ doesnt really give a crap).

When I switched to a different advertiser, the income started rolling in right away. A very low EPC compared to same advertisers in that catagory usually means that the advertiser with the low EPC is trying to scam the affiliates, thats why the "Earning-Per-100-Clicks" is so low.

•••
I had to fight tooth and nail with CJ to get a measly $45 that resulted from months of work with a particular advertiser. Others they never paid and reversed. Others were left unpaid without any resolution. I've had it with them, I'll try them again next year, but they are pretty ridiculous.

•••
I used to advertise eBay on my site. $5 per sign up was sweet. I sold my site and all gone.

•••
blabla said:
I heard this a lot of times.
I also don't understand why hostgator pays 65 if you sign up form their website and 100$ at cj.com (+ they must pay cj around 30%).
The only logical explanation would be, that cj don't pay for all refferals (let's say that it pays 5 of 10).

CJ wants to be the man in the middle but yet it does not want to take any responsibility for the payment of affiliates.

btw, they'd pay more to CJ because of the volume and competition on CJ.

Last edited:
•••
There may be a delay in the reporting depending on the merchant. So, don't jump to conclusions just yet.

•••
With CJ, IMO, whether you make sales from that network is more dependant upon the quality of the Merchant, and whether or not the merchant allows questionable affiliates into the program to compete against you. With Shareasale.com , you might not have as many quality Merchants - though that is changing - however you are less likely to run up against questionable, competing affiliates.

CJ has it's good merchants, and it has some real stinkers.

•••
Cj is really good.. i use it on a couple of my sites and have had some decent return.. maybe what you were advertising was a "broken link". basically u can advertise but if it is a broken link it will take u to the page yet u will not get any return for it. CJ affiliates change there links alot so u have to keep on top of it.. try and change some of the links with teh current promotions and you will see a upsell.. plus i have also found that instead of a big banner or button to promote you should either use a small logo or a "text link" to get in you customers and they tend to think its part of your website and will click on it

any more into just pm me :)

•••
Another bunch of deadbeats, indifferent to or unwilling to communicate with their customers. CJ cut me off without any type of explanation - they just "terminated" my account. I still have no clue as to why. Never earned a cent according to their reports.

I did not realize it right away because I was never notified, so here I am running promos on all kinds of stuff - who knows if there were any earnings during the month or so I kept the ads on my sites.

•••
khuram16 said:
I started up an account with CJ.com aka Commision Junction. I wanted to see if the program was any good, because it was paying $5 - $100 per lead. So, I asked a friend of mine who lives in Dallas, to sign up for a lead through my website.

CJ.com did not pay me for this lead! I don't know how quick the site updates or what the deal is. It was my first lead, and no payment so im curious if the program is any good...

Any thoughts or suggestions?

I have had on several occasions GoDaddy affiliate purchases not show up on CJ! I have also emailed them but they don't bother answering emails through there contact section available to the general public. Their internal link to "Contact Us" doesn't even work!

•••
You can call them at (805) 560-0776 to have a friendly chat about your payment issues.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back