Dynadot

discuss CityProfession.com versus ProfessionCity.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Joe N

Top Member
Impact
I've been scanning through a lot of geo domains lately, and there seem to always be a decent amount available that fit these patterns.

For example: AtlantaDoctor or LawyerHouston

In your experience, which pattern sells better? (My natural inclination is to favour the CityProfession one)

Do certain professions sell better than others?

What techniques do you use to market these to end users?

The research I've done would suggest that one should reasonably expect an outbound end user sale in the mid XXX range for these types of names. Does that sound about right?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I have counted roughtly 3 times more cityprofession versus professioncity in namebio since 1 jan 2015. ProfessionCity is used for really big cities when CityProfession variants are all taken.

The market price is most likely very low xxx. Many transactions reported by namebio are often hardly more than 100$ and rarely more than 2/300$. Very likely the vast majority of such transactions are direct deals that are not reported.

The way to sell such domains is to directly contact businesses that have a potential interest (by email or by phone). The most likely buyers are companies advertising for their keyword in adwords.

Top professions include (they are not always true professions)

realestate
Insurance
realty
houses
financial
pizza
dentistry
family
security

No real surprize there.

Big cities are much overcrowded. Smaller (wealthy) subburbs are probably a better approach. I would not exclude 'ProfessionCities' nor would I concentrate on top professions or top cities. What counts is really to identify potential buyers. I also doubt it's a good strategy to try to sell at high price. Better shoot for volume.

Most domainers on this forum are not interested in this business model because it requires a lot of follow up and attention. I'd love to try, but it's not too easy for me as I don't live in the US. PM me if you want to discuss.

•••
Thanks for the feedback @aramyus. Lots of really good information to consider in there.

•••
City + Profession is in nearly all cases better than Profession + City. The same could be said about City + Product or Service.

There are some popular keywords for which the profession or service also works, since they are so competitive. For example, if I find any Plumber + City I immediately register it, unless the city is too small too small an does not have enough plumbers operating there. To me, enough may be at least 10.

•••
City + Profession is in nearly all cases better than Profession + City. The same could be said about City + Product or Service.

There are some popular keywords for which the profession or service also works, since they are so competitive. For example, if I find any Plumber + City I immediately register it, unless the city is too small too small an does not have enough plumbers operating there. To me, enough may be at least 10.

Yeah, that makes a lot of sense to me. Thanks for the input.

I recently got ChiropractorRaleigh off closeouts after doing some research. There are a lot of potential end users, about 260 exact match searches per month, and one or two active sites using similar (but longer) names. Do you think it has a decent chance of selling?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back