Dynadot .com transfer sale, only $10.12 with coupon code DYNA12, available while supplies last, ends October 1, 2026.

Citing Sources on Website

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
Spacemail by SpaceshipSpacemail by Spaceship
Watch

GiddyUp

Established Member
Impact
10
I'm having a bit of trouble understanding this process of citing information on a website that came from another source. I understand that if it came from another website, you could simply put in "Source: link"...however, I'm making an history-based website and im using several books as reference...typically, when writing a paper, there is a standard format for citation...but I don't know how that would work on a website...I've looked at several other history website and can't seem to find any evidence of citations, yet obviously facts and numbers come from other sources...any help would be greatly appreciated!
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
I would just have a page titled bibliography and that'd be that personally!
 
0
•••
1
•••
Thanks for posting that link ;) Very informative.
 
0
•••
great sites - thank you very much for your help!...do you think the search engines would take into account that some of the information is cited and therefore not 100% "original" when making their rankings?
 
0
•••
P. Michael Calabrese said:
great sites - thank you very much for your help!...do you think the search engines would take into account that some of the information is cited and therefore not 100% "original" when making their rankings?

Yes, I believe you are penalised for having duplicate content on your website.
 
0
•••
DomainEasy: white label portfolios are live. Enable yours.

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back