Domain Empire

CIRA Board (dotCA) elections

NameSilo
Watch

Frank Michlick

Product Manager DomainsVIP Member
βœ” Web Hosting Canada
Impact
For all of our fellow Canadian Domainers - the .CA (CIRA) board elections are currently ongoing. I (Frank Michlick) would appreciate your support. The current phase is the "Show of Support" Phase followed by the elections in late September.

I wrote a little post on my campaign site on how to vote in the elections, but I'll also post the content here:

1. Check if you are a CIRA member – search by email address. You need to be eligible to have a .CA domain in order to become a CIRA member.
  2. If you are a member, go to step 8)
  3. If you are not a member – apply to become a member. You can only be a member once, either for yourself or as a representative for a company.
  4. Submit your application. You will need a piece of scanned ID (or business information), your domain name and some contact information. It’s easier to apply for a personal membership then as a business representative.
  5. You will receive a confirmation email from CIRA that your application was received.
  6. You should receive an approval email if there were no issues with your application.
  7. The voter’s list for the 2016 CIRA Board Elections closes on September 1st, 2016, so you will need to become a member before that in order to vote in this year’s election.
  8. On August 25th, 2016 (or before September 2nd if you just signed up) you should have received a β€œShow of Support” email from CIRA asking you to pick a candidate to support for the member elected slate. How you show support is described here.
  9. If you do not receive the email by September 2nd, contact election (at) cira.ca to get them to resend it.
  10. Online voting is open from 3 p.m. ET on September 22 until 3 p.m. ET on September 29, 2016. You should receive your voting access information at the beginning of this period.
To learn more about the CIRA Board Elections, visit their official site.

Thank you for your support - please let me know if you have any questions.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Frank has been an integral part of the Sedo family for many years. He is currently a consultant for our SedoMLS product but this title does not do him justice or fully encompass his commitment to excellence. There is never a challenge big or small that Frank can't conquer; he's intelligent, diligent, detail orientated and so many more qualities that would be a welcome addition to this position.

•••
Thank you to all of those who supported me. I've moved on to the actual election and am in the final member slate with 5 other members competing for the single seat.

The campaign forum opened today - you can participate & ask questions here:
https://cira.ca/2016-campaign-forum/

I'll also be attending Canadians Connected (CIRA AGM) in Toronto on September 22nd for those of you who want to meet up.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back