Dynadot .com transfer sale, only $10.12 with coupon code DYNA12, available while supplies last, ends October 31, 2026.

域名|Chinese Perspective

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch
Impact
5,566
I believe only short and easy-to-remember domain names are sustainable, regardless of where in the world you live and which cultural background you come from.

Now that the Chinese domain market has become a hot topic, I myself want to understand this trend too. Is there any real meaning behind each domain name sold in China? Here, I'd like to share with you what I've found as I read the Chinese news everyday.

GZX.com
GZX can stand for 更自信 (even more self-confident) which can be used in many fields such as education, self-help, and even consumer products to raise your self image.

XLY.com
XLY can stand for 夏令营 (summer camp) or 新领域 (new field) which can be used in recreation and high-tech products.

New: Follow my blog posts on NamePros for updates.
 
25
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
1
•••
0
•••
Tha。sorrynks, think you mean lǚxíng but might be better if you simply show the correct one, pretty sure I messed up as thought it meant travel, I can see via whois I helped someone else though. Comes with the territory !!
in
If you had to choose which one would you prefer?
CN66 or BJ66 ?

Thank you
In china,many people "lu xing" is understood to mean lvxing .
Sorry, my English is not good.
 
0
•••
Thank you, I very much appreciate your input.
If you had to choose which one would you prefer?
CN66 or BJ66 ?

Just want to add these type of names with city abrev + double numbers are very limited. Only 10 combinations possible for each geo LL in an extension.
 
0
•••
in

Thanks BUBU, I would never have known or been able to source that, so one I put down to learning curves.
VRlvxing reg 2015 by HICHINA ZHICHENG TECHNOLOGY LTD
lvxing com reg 1999 by another registrant
 
0
•••
I don't know. I never understand the merit of half-IDN-half-ascii approach such as IDN.com. What I do know is that the Chinese government is pushing the Chinese IDN.IDN adoption.

Are the letters 'X' 'Y' and 'Z' used in PINYIN?
 
0
•••
0
•••
0
•••
0
•••
what does PINYIN means?

It's the Chinese language simplified using Latin letters.

Google:
- 'Translate Car to Chinese'

And view the result. It will show you Traditional Chinese and Simplied Chinese (PINYIN).
 
1
•••
It's the Chinese language simplified using Latin letters.

Google:
- 'Translate Car to Chinese'

And view the result. It will show you Traditional Chinese and Simplied Chinese (PINYIN).
Thank you
 
0
•••
0
•••
2
•••
Hi Kassey, any idea what 8btd.com would stand for? Or just the BTD?
 
0
•••
Hi Kassey, any idea what 8btd.com would stand for? Or just the BTD?

BTD > 不停的 > Non-stop
BTD > 不同的 / 不同点 > different/difference
 
2
•••
@Haris100 - do you think this is a domain the Chinese might go for?
 
0
•••
0
•••
0
•••
1
•••
Kassey: I understand that numbers have meaning in Chinese culture. I understand the value in single or two numeral brand names in the global market carried by the cachet of the com such as 58 com. I cannot see the value in 3/4N in the global western markets, The values paid by Chinese investors / companies for 3/4N must therefore be for brand name development in the Chinese home markets ? Do you think this is true.
I ask the question as it has some resonance for the more unique Chinese centric character / numeral potential brands 八8 / 八88
 
0
•••
DomainEasy: flexible LTO options. Close more domain deals with financing.

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover

NamePros updates

More data. Your data. See what is new
Major update
We have made a number of features available to provide sellers more data for their domains and inquiries, and greater access to the data...
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back