NameSilo

域名|Chinese Perspective

Located in Chinese Domain Discussion, started by Kassey Lee, Nov 1, 2015

Replies:
Views:

1. slader23

slader23 Always On The Bleeding Edge. VIP

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. Kassey Lee

Kassey Lee Grandseeds.com VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Other combinations are possible but I don't have time to try. As I have said many times, you need to do your research before acquiring a domain -- not after.

3. slader23

I always do but sometimes it's not easy to decipher which is why I ask native speakers. Tlds taken, extensions developed etc, extensions for sale etc all of are done prior to acquisition. I also check here:

https://www.dnb.com/business-directory/company-search.html?term=Maikou&page=1

I was just looking for additional insight, nothing else.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2020
  4. CraigD

CraigD 360promo.com VIP

@Kassey Lee

Is Namepros accessible to the general China internet user?

Thank you for your time!

5. Kassey Lee

The guy who owns the most number of 2L .com @YueDai is here on this forum. Let him answer this question.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2020
  6. Robin Hablani

Robin Hablani GoDomainers.com Blue Account

Recently kouzhao.com (Means Mask in chinese) sold for 100s of thousands of dollars. So I bought 8kouzhao.com.

What do you think about this?

7. slader23

@Kassey Lee

Upped my game a bit on Chinese 4L quad premiums, but this one is western also with its ABBB pattern.

Acquired: SNNN.COM

Based on my research it could have multiple different meanings and maybe even some GEO potential since SN is Shaanxi 陕西 and NN could be Nanning 南宁. In terms on internet slang I see NN being used as slang for "You Can" and NNN being used for "Your Grandmother".

So my guess is best use cases would be geo related i.e SN Shaanxi 陕西+NN (commercial use case that works in pinyin)
    or
    SN(commercial use that works in pinyin)+ Nanning 南宁

Does that make sense or is there additional meaning that can be extracted from this?

8. Kassey Lee

I don't know without research. 4L .com domains are actually used in corporate China.

9. Kassey Lee

If you have done your research and found potential buyers, then it's valuable; otherwise, it may be a very long wait.

10. slader23

My research showed a lot of geo based usage with SN but NN provided varied use IMHO. In terms of ABBB Quad CHIPs in general a lot of them are under lock and key with the majority being held by Chinese registrants. With only 656 possible combinations it's a very rare pattern to try and acquire.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2020
  11. Kassey Lee

True. Many possibilities.

12. Robson1

Robson1 Top Contributor VIP

13. Kassey Lee

14. slader23

I may have found one:

盛年年年

Years of prosperity?

15. Kassey Lee

Acronym domains usually have many possible meanings. I think it is more important to list your domains so that end users in China can also see them. They know what the acronym means to them when they already have a brand name in mind. For this reason, I list my domains at Afternic with fast transfer so that the domains can be seen inside China. Are your domains also available via registrars in China?

Last edited: Jul 30, 2020
  16. slader23

I normally just put them on 4.cn since it has an English version....ename etc are a bit weird to navigate.

17. Kassey Lee

I find Afternic fast transfer best because you can then sell to the entire world including China.

18. slader23

Yea I put them there as well. I thought you were talking about just Chinese marketplaces :).

Last edited: Jul 30, 2020
  19. Kassey Lee

I don't. I always aim for the whole world.

20. Domainating

Domainating Domainer & Host Gold Account ★★★★★★★★★★

I was just wondering what the worth of the .com 'W3DN' might be on the Chinese market?
    Just curious, of course. If I die from COVID-19 anytime soon I want to be able to tell my son which domains to be sure to hold onto. ;)

21. Kassey Lee

I don't know @Domainating, because I'm the worst domain appraiser in the world. To overcome my shortcoming, I do end user research using dotDB and Google search to see if there are potential users for a domain I plan to acquire, unless the name's value is obvious, such as apple.com and banana.com.

22. Domainating

Domainating Domainer & Host Gold Account ★★★★★★★★★★

Yeah, I guess it's not real valuable in China, but I had GF9 and WF9 (both .coms) that I sold to a Chinese girl (I think). None of these make any characters in Chinese according to that link on the top of page 79. But W3DN works well for what I use it for. So, at least it's valuable to me.

23. Kassey Lee

Actually I own many 4C domains and in June I sold Jo20(dot)com which is being used for someone who is running as a presidential candidate. I picked them up a few years ago because they are short and easy to remember. In these cases, I did not find any potential users but I simply believed they would be useful one day. GF9 and WF9 are definitely valuable because they are short and easy to remember. In the case of China, LL is the most popular acronym and 9 is a good number.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2020
  24. platey

platey Top Contributor VIP

I check namebio every morning for sold results

Simply by typing

xn--

As a

keyword

Then press search

Which lists all

Emoji and idn website addresses above $100 ish etc

I then type any new xn-- in to the emoji website address website which shows me which xn-- s are emoji and which xn-- s are idn s etc

But when the xn-- code produces an idn pic etc i can see the 2 or 3 characters but havent got a clue what they mean etc

Does anyone know the best way to work out what an idn means etc

25. Kassey Lee

Last edited: Aug 8, 2020

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
biix
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice