Dynadot

域名|Chinese Perspective

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I believe only short and easy-to-remember domain names are sustainable, regardless of where in the world you live and which cultural background you come from.

Now that the Chinese domain market has become a hot topic, I myself want to understand this trend too. Is there any real meaning behind each domain name sold in China? Here, I'd like to share with you what I've found as I read the Chinese news everyday.

GZX.com
GZX can stand for 更自信 (even more self-confident) which can be used in many fields such as education, self-help, and even consumer products to raise your self image.

XLY.com
XLY can stand for 夏令营 (summer camp) or 新领域 (new field) which can be used in recreation and high-tech products.

New: Follow my blog posts on NamePros for updates.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I understand that the Chinese are not into .io. However they do own a few .io extentions. I own BJW.io (Beijing Network) This would make a great startup and more affordable than the .com .cn or .net :xf.smile:
Yes, such as Toutiao.io and a few for the techies, but they may remain as a niche market in China.

•••
not sure if I asked this yet in this thread so please forgive repeats.

do these let combos have value in China market?

CNH - Symbol for Hong Dollar?
CHN - I've read online this can be used to represent China like CN. CN I'm assuming is most common.
PRC - People's Republic of China?
ROC - Republic of China?
SHG - Represents Shanghai? and yes I know SH is used too. but is this one common or no?

Please help Kassey? Thanks and happy new year!

•••
ROC - Republic of China?
ROC used to mean "Republic of China" = Taiwan but I think these days the Taiwan people tend to stick to the name "Taiwan". Happy new year to you too!

•••
Hey there @Kassey Lee . Doea qu you mean go in chinese? And what other meanings are there for qu? Thanks!

•••
•••
@Kassey Lee mistyped i was asking about the word "qu" .. i see there a lot of words for "go" whats the word "qu" really more commonly used as or is it common? Thanks..

•••
•••
I believe only short and easy-to-remember domain names are sustainable, regardless of where in the world you live and which cultural background you come from.

Now that the Chinese domain market has become a hot topic, I myself want to understand this trend too. Is there any real meaning behind each domain name sold in China? Here, I'd like to share with you what I've found as I read the Chinese news everyday.

GZX.com
GZX can stand for 更自信 (even more self-confident) which can be used in many fields such as education, self-help, and even consumer products to raise your self image.

XLY.com
XLY can stand for 夏令营 (summer camp) or 新领域 (new field) which can be used in recreation and high-tech products.

New: Follow my blog posts on NamePros for updates.

Hi Kassey
Your newsletter is very informative. Could I ask if you know of any people who appraise pinyin and chinese focussed domains.
I probably just made a mistake but I would like to know for sure. I just bought Bei.is - Jun.is - Lei.is and I would like to know if I have a chance of making any money given they are not .coms but they are 3L and their .com equivalents sold for extremely high prices.
Am I a mug or have I a chance?
Thanks

•••
Hello Kassey - it's been a long time since we last spoke. I trust you are well and busy elsewhere?

I do have a question (as always). May I ask, do you think the pinyin term PifuBaixi has commercial value?

•••
Could I ask if you know of any people who appraise pinyin and chinese focussed domains.
I probably just made a mistake but I would like to know for sure. I just bought Bei.is - Jun.is - Lei.is and I would like to know if I have a chance of making any money given they are not .coms but they are 3L and their .com equivalents sold for extremely high prices.
Why don't you start a new thread, post your domain names, and then ask Npers to comment. I'm quite ignorant because I have never come across the .is (Iceland) extension. For end users in China, .com and .cn are the mainstream. For speculation, however, anything can go.

•••
Thanks, I have put it in appraisal and other thread but no one is advising and I am new to this and in the buy recklessly addictive stage.

•••
I do have a question (as always). May I ask, do you think the pinyin term PifuBaixi has commercial value?
Thanks. Baidu shows some entries containing the term 皮肤白皙(PifuBaixi), but not many. PifuBaixi is only 9 characters long so is not bad even though it is a 4-pin name. I assume it's .com (or .cn) otherwise it's gonna be tough with end users.

•••
Thanks, I have put it in appraisal and other thread but no one is advising and I am new to this and in the buy recklessly addictive stage.
Not much help, sorry. I read Chinese domain news everyday but I have never come across .is until now.

•••
yes agreed that the chinese are more interested in this domain market and they are investing in it heavily. also they buy short domain names and are also interested in number domain names.

•••
•••
what do you guys think of

689cn.com
xiuluche.com - PinYin for SUV - 休旅车
nidezuai.com - PinYin for Your Favourite - 你的I最ナ爱
renrenxiai.com - PinYin for Everyone Favourite - 人人I喜爱
yitixiai.com - PinYin for Everybody Favourite - 一体I喜爱
6xiai.com - PinYin for 6 Favorite - 6 喜爱
66666fu.com
66666xi.com
66666ai.com
77777ai.com
88888xi.com
88888ai.com

•••
Hi Kassey a question please We own the name hualiche.com ( hopefully read as "gorgeous car" lol) 1) do you think you always should own the .cn also for brand prtection if avail. and does it add value if you do? 2) Why do some of these "car" related names bring such big money from end users? re MingChe.com $2mil etc. Thank you as always.

Last edited:
•••
1) do you think you always should own the .cn also for brand prtection if avail. and does it add value if you do?
A new law is being worked on to require a domain name be registered within China before it can be developed into website for hosting within China. If it becomes law, then my guess is that most companies with global operation will keep their .com outside China and use their matching .cn within China for the local operation.

•••
A new law is being worked on to require a domain name be registered within China before it can be developed into website for hosting within China. If it becomes law, then my guess is that most companies with global operation will keep their .com outside China and use their matching .cn within China for the local operation.
That's makes owning the .cn along with the .com - for a Chinese company - even more important than ever. Thank you for the comment.

•••
That's makes owning the .cn along with the .com - for a Chinese company - even more important than ever. Thank you for the comment.

Would seem to also mean that Chinese companies with no business outside of China would have little interest in the .com

•••
Would seem to also mean that Chinese companies with no business outside of China would have little interest in the .com
Why would they not want the .com for "brand protection"? an example we own BeijingBrands.com and .cn I can't imagine a company would pay us big $ for the.cn without the .com but maybe-who knows. ( I know this name isn't "pinyin")

•••
What do you think of Kiss7.cn

•••
I was in the (showcase your 5g domains) thread and i posted about how when i went to register some 5g domains i found some newly registered ones by chinese ppl but they had only registered the .cn and not the .com which where also avaliable..my queztion was why reg the .cn and not the. .com. could this have anything to fo with it?

•••
My July 15 post looks at the top 300 next-generation internet startups in China, many of which probably have no presence outside China.

http://coreile.com/p160715

•••
My July 15 post looks at the top 300 next-generation internet startups in China, many of which probably have no presence outside China.

http://coreile.com/p160715
Your article shows-once again-that you must own the .com along with the .cn if you're looking to get big $ for a name in the future. Nothing has changed.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back