Dynadot

域名|Chinese Perspective

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I believe only short and easy-to-remember domain names are sustainable, regardless of where in the world you live and which cultural background you come from.

Now that the Chinese domain market has become a hot topic, I myself want to understand this trend too. Is there any real meaning behind each domain name sold in China? Here, I'd like to share with you what I've found as I read the Chinese news everyday.

GZX.com
GZX can stand for 更自信 (even more self-confident) which can be used in many fields such as education, self-help, and even consumer products to raise your self image.

XLY.com
XLY can stand for 夏令营 (summer camp) or 新领域 (new field) which can be used in recreation and high-tech products.

New: Follow my blog posts on NamePros for updates.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I have to admit ChinaMobi you are one of the most helpful members here. Respect :)
I sometimes wonder if I'm wasting my time. Are NP folks really benefiting from my daily posts of Chinese domain news? It seems these posts have failed to trigger much discussion in this thread.

But, thank you for your generous encouragement. Your kind words are very much appreciated and valued.

•••
Do many Chinese people know the English spelling of their name?
For example if someone was named Chung would it be difficult for him to go to Chung.com?
Many Chinese names in English contain vowels is that a problem?
A Pinyin word often contains vowels, e.g. Baidu, but a Chinese acronym does not. An acronym such as DJDDP is formed by using Chinese initials of Pinyin characters (see explanation of initials in my Market Watch chart).

•••
4L flipping

Investor Shan Ren (nickname?) recently sold three 4Ls (8285.com, 8582.com, 7199.com) and then also bought more than 10 4Ls for close to 2m RMB.

Shan Ren flips 4Ls regularly, and the latest acquisition includes 8365.com, 3225.com, and 2378.com. Most of them feature 6, 8, or 9 -- lucky numbers favored by Chinese. No 0 and 4. These numbers have better quality than the average 4Ls.

Earlier, he sold 3952.com for 230k RMB and 3829.com for 210k. He feels 4Ls are stable in prices and many buyers are willing to spend that amount of money. These names will certainly rise in value, he added.

Currently, the market price of 4Ls without 0 and 4 is 230k RMB or above, and better quality names can command even higher prices. Some examples are 2271.com (mid 6), 9394.com (mid 6), and 1117.com (7 figures).

4Ls are liquid and have great investment and application values. They can be used to build gaming, navigation, and lottery sites. Recently, YY Game launched a new gaming platform on 4366.com

Source: news.ename.cn

Its 4N right? Not 4L :xf.wink:

•••
I can't see any suggestion box. Please assist.

And what can 55EQ mean?

It's not a box, but the area below the source box. See the attached image, which shows 大家 as you type DJ.

55EQ: Couldn't think of any meaning word for it. Sorry.

Attachments

• gt.jpg
    gt.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 26
•••
Its 4N right? Not 4L :xf.wink:
You are right. It's obvious that they should all be N not L. Thanks for correcting my typing mistake, mirul. This is serious. If I continue making this kind of mistakes, I'd better retire and stop posting to this forum.

•••
I sometimes wonder if I'm wasting my time. Are NP folks really benefiting from my daily posts of Chinese domain news? It seems these posts have failed to trigger much discussion in this thread.

Extremely helpful thread you've created. Been following and learning from it for quite a while. Keep it coming!

•••
I guess this is for sure my Top3 useful thread in NP to understand Chinese Market.
Im struggling to understand how to use it at its best
For example one of things I do quite always each time @ChinaMobi post some great 3L sale i try to scan the related 5L.com for example last I did id for DKJ and I scan all 400 LLDKJ.com that are obviously all regged.

DKJLL.com 126 on 400 are available so this a data I guess "the niche" at the end is preferable

Never a joy :)

Some tips to get deeper with these informations is appreciated :)

•••
@ChinaMobi , Is there any business starting with P ,Q on pinyin ?

•••

But, thank you for your generous encouragement. Your kind words are very much appreciated and valued.
Chinamobi, your contribution is very important to all members !
On a different note, do not get stuck with just consonant for pinyn. I have recently acquired a 5L domain with one vowel (u) It has a great meaning in pinyn and receives a daily 70 to 100 visitors from China with direct traffic!(no backlinks or organic traffic) Now is just redirecting to the domain sale page as I wouldn't be able to monetize it .

•••
Hello @ChinaMobi.
I'd better retire and stop posting to this forum.

Don't let yourself be affected by petty nonsense.

You started something here and people are paying attention to what you say - you should continue to build your reputation and don't bother with eventual unrelated comments.

I really like the kind and informed way you are helping us get a sense of the chinese market - keep it up!

•••
@ChinaMobi

I read your updates you post daily & I appreciate your efforts greatly!

THANK YOU!

•••
Sorry folks. 4L/4N or more takes a lot of time to find meaningful Chinese phrases, so can't help at this stage.
Could the search for meaningful Chinese phrases be automated using a table of "lucky" combinations? (Currently working on a Unicode to Pinyin converter.)

Regards...jmcc

•••
I agree with everyone here, keep it up, your posts are very informative!

What is your opinion on .CO - have you seen an uptick in CO sales in China, 3N or 3L.co? I've seen that they embrace quite a lot of extensions like .top too

•••
And nnn.mobi nnnn.mobi

BTW I let my 858.mobi drop 2 or 3 years ago

Wish I didn't. Lol

•••
Interview with Wilson Guo Xin CHEN, the college student who bought 73.com for more than 10m RMB.

How does a college student have access to that kind of money? Doesn't seem likely he will see a return on that purchase or was 10m a typo?

•••
Actually I have the domain: 3xi1.com, maybe it means 3 learn from 1, just as Confucius said: When I walk along with two others, they may serve me as my teachers. Maybe someone would be interested.

•••
•••
Market Watch Transaction Date: 2015.12.11

Numerics
3N1,758,888 (=)58,888 (=)11,888 (=)45,000 (=)
4N128,888 (=)5,425 (^)950 (v)2,880 (v)
5N4,700 (=)176 (v)55 (=)365 (^)
6N99 (v)52 (=)55 (=)130 (=)
[th][td]com[/td][td]net[/td][td]org[/td][td]cc[/td][/th]
Numerics w/o 04
3N3,500,000 (=)148,888 (=)27,888 (=)125,678 (=)
4N368,000 (=)14,888 (=)2,999 (v)15,000 (^)
5N23,588 (=)1,377 (v)274 (v)2,377 (=)
6N1,010 (v)100 (=)58 (^)888 (^)
Initials, Letters, and Characters
3I999,999 (=)33,000 (=)12,880 (=)17,666 (^)
3L388,888 (=)15,988 (=)12,880 (=)2,888 (=)
3C6,666 (=)258 (=)51 (=)200 (=)
4I13,888 (v)1,520 (v)135 (v)589 (^)
4L2,150 (^)94 (v)58 (v)200 (=)
Currency: RMB
Prices: Highest BIN prices of day
Symbols: ^ increase, v decrease, = no change (or no sales?) over previous day
C=L+N. I =Initials
Source: Chaomi.cc

•••
I remind myself everyday to look at the Chinese domain market with a different mindset. I'm still trying to comprehend the fact that China has more than 4 times the US population but has only 20m domain names in comparison with US's 120m. The implication is huge: China has tremendous demand for domain names and that Chinese investors will do things unimaginable in the west.

Today's news is a good example.

.gg is a ccTLD for Guernsey, a tiny country located in the English Channel with a population of about 66,000. I've never come across this extension before. Yet, an investor just sold PingAn.gg for low 6 figures RMB.

PingAn:平安>Safe and sound

•••
When it comes to love, less is better.

The correct Pinyin spelling for 爱(love) is "ai", but many end users are going for the simpler spelling "i" instead.

In today's news, a basketball video service was recently launched on igeqiu.com.

iGeQiu:爱个球>Love balls (as in basketball)

The correct spelling should be Ai Ge Qui but the company decided to remove the "a".

Many end users are doing the same too because "i" already sounds like "love" in Chinese and is shorter than "ai". Examples of end users adopting this approach are iqiyi.com, ifeng.com, and igome.com. So, next time when you see a good name with the "wrong" spelling of love, don't discount it. Do your research.

•••
Domain investor Yang Bing ZOU recently bought XLD.com for 450k RMB in an auction.

While he already has a list of end users in mind, he's not in a hurry to sell. The domain name is now part of his collection.

xld:喜来登>Sheraton
xld:小铃铛>Small bell
xld:喜乐多>More joy
xld:小乐贷>Small joy loan
xld:新辣道>New spicy Road

Zou also bought 88856.com for 195k RMB (yes, 195k!). A very meaningful 5N.

88856:发发发物流

While everyone knows 888, 56 has a new meaning for me to learn today. It rhymes with 物流 (logistics)
so the name is good for the logistics industry.

•••
@ChinaMobi - Appreciate all the great work you do at the forum.

I have been getting a few above the market offers for my domain SXRD.com - I have learned that SX stands for two of the provinces in China and RD has many good meanings.

Can you please share your views? I am in no hurry to sell and will wait for an enduser.

Thanks in advance,
Vicky

•••
Dec 10 eName auction result:

JJZ.com was sold for 560k RMB.
JJZ:经济站>Economy station
JJZ:家具展>Furniture show
JJZ:佼佼者>Leader
JJZ:纪检组>Discipline inspection group

ZHD.com was sold for 450k RMB.
zhd:最好的>The best

GQX.com was sold for 395k RMB.
gqx:高清晰>High definition
gqx:高青县>Gaoqing county

Pinyin

Single character Duan.com was sold for 400k RMB.
Duan:短>Short
Duan:段>Section
Duan:端>End

2-character zhongchuang.com was sold for 450k RMB.
ZhongChuang:中创>China creation
ZhongChuang:众创>People creation

2-character qiangqiang.com was sold for 235k RMB.
QiangQiang:强强>Strong, strong

2-character Pinyin lingshou.com was sold for 160k RMB.
LingShou:零售>Retail

Numerics

9378.com 345k RMB
3610.com 180k
4531.com 93k
12306.net 162k
39388.com 100k
88872.com 144k
666668.com 115k

•••
The guy who paid close to 10m RMB to buy 688.com recently struck again, this time acquiring the following domain name for 6 figures RMB.

11111111.com

Yes, it's 8N. This is amazing! Rarity sells.

•••
I guess this is for sure my Top3 useful thread in NP to understand Chinese Market.
Im struggling to understand how to use it at its best
For example one of things I do quite always each time @ChinaMobi post some great 3L sale i try to scan the related 5L.com for example last I did id for DKJ and I scan all 400 LLDKJ.com that are obviously all regged.

DKJLL.com 126 on 400 are available so this a data I guess "the niche" at the end is preferable

Never a joy :)

Some tips to get deeper with these informations is appreciated :)
Thank for the kind words. You are creative! Glad that you can turn information into something of potential. I'm learning new things everyday.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back