Domain Empire

humor Chinese domain market made simple...

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Fastest-Time-to-Pop-100-balloons-by-a-Dog.aspx

You're Welcome.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
The domain industry is nothing new to the chinese market.

What is new though is the overnight inflated hype on worthless domains.

If these so called "chips" are so valuable, then why we're they impossible to even give away less then a year ago??

It's an invented value....
What do you feel selling useless Chinese 74484.com domain ?
and from my point of view any 4l west style domain is the same useless as chinese

Last edited:
•••
That is the question, is it too high too fast, or are we in a new era with China and other countries getting into domaining investing and setting new valuations? No one knows for sure yet. People are obviously on both sides.

China alone is a massive emerging country with population over 3x the US. I can see them being game changers. They have been throwing huge budgets at domains for months now. Big money for the domain industry, but a fraction really of their stock and other investments. I see a correction here and there, but we aren't going back to the list of $10 a piece LLLL.com's listed in forums anymore... China is supposed to relax restraints on foreign investments this year, that could be a further positive for domains and other areas where Chinese like to invest.

•••
What do you feel selling useless Chinese 74484.com domain for $699?
and from my point of view any 4l west style domain is the same useless as chinese

That's called a 5N.com.

Not 6, 7, 8, 9, or 10N.

Holy shit I sold a 5n.com!

Your grabbing for something that isn't there....

•••
That's called a 5N.com.

Not 6, 7, 8, 9, or 10N.

Holy sh*t I sold a 5n.com!

Your grabbing for something that isn't there....
You are making money selling absolutely "useless" domains.
Thanks to China.

•••

Made the greatest prediction of all time. Made hundreds of millions of dollars and the only investment he has currently is... Water.
(Michael Burry) not Christian bail.lol

•••
You are making money selling absolutely "useless" domains.
Thanks to China.

I'm not understanding your point.

The topic is in reference to an apparent bubble....or your opposite opinion.

Not our personal sales....

•••
I'm not understanding your point.

The topic is in reference to an apparent bubble....or your opposite opinion.

Not our personal sales....
My point is that you call this bubble but at the same time you are making money selling "useless" chinese domains. I do not think this is bubble. I think this is new era of domaining and people that believe and invest in Chinese domains will make even more money following years as you do now.

•••
My point is that you call this bubble but at the same time you are making money selling "useless" chinese domains. I do not think this is bubble. I think this is new era of domaining and people that believe and invest in Chinese domains will make even more money following years as you do now.

I sold my domain because of my belief where the market is going.

Like I said before....

Don't get caught holding the bag.

But in all seriousness you should take the domain that sold out of the thread.

It's not cool to do that in defense of the new owner.

Last edited:
•••
I dont int!nd to keep a lot of Chinese domains. I know and believe this : Anything upto 5L will always have value specially if it is pronounceable or has good patterns.

Anothsr thinh, Anything that is numeric and that has great patterns in addition to meaning in Chinese will also have value. I have sold a lot and I am down to 203 domains in all niches and in .com net info biz org xyz co.

There is no great reason to panic if you have domains meeting the criteria I said about.:)

•••
Chinese money because of the mentioned restrictions (that may be lifted) are finding every possibility to get out of China. They smuggle it out in every conceivable way. A recession is imminent. The stockmarket crashed big time today. Real Estate bubble bursted. I don't think good business decisions are made in a "save what you can" scenario. Keep that in mind when judging the "chinese wonder". IMO.

•••
Some people from the West think that this is quite normal that ibco.com cost $2.500 but at the same time do not understand why qzxy.com may cost the same price. They don't understand that for the Chinese qzxy has more meaning that icbo. Instead of taking some time trying to understand this situation they call it bubble.
I read some article about Chinese, investing into the domain names as to an asset, to sell the domain names in the future to the west investors / buyers with profit, but the question is who (in the west) would ever buy domains like qzxy?

•••
I'm curious about 3L.coms. Last year the avg price jumped 100%. The premium western .coms were around $7,000 to $16,000+ before China. While now they are anywhere from 22,000 to 55,000+ on average. I'm curious what happens when the bubble bursts, to these domains. It's hard to believe 3L.coms can drop lower than current price because they have been undervalued for so many years. I'd say the current price point is spot on.

•••
The bubble will burst in September this year, when many non-value domains (4+ random letters and numbers) will be dropped.

•••
HMM...I just sold this month 2x LLLL.COM's non chips for $2500 each via inbound offers both Chinese buyers.
Money talks for me, and I think we should all focus on TODAY because nothing lasts forever...
On a side note I have been getting more and more offers on my LLL.co's and the offers are getting bigger and bigger....

Cheers everyone.

•••
Seriously...a billion people coming online. A super smart population base that is tech savvy is not a balloon bursting.
In simple terms, there are more millionaires in China than there are people in the US.
And domains are a smart investment option, a key method to operating business and a way to gain intellectual freedom.
The heading of this thread is a bit racist, it should be cleaned up. Parts of every market is fueled by some shady people, to lump the millions of honest businesses and domainers in China into a category is not fair.

•••
I have just sold two domains to Chinese buyers whilst I have another one pending, all of them have said they are only interested in .com, .cn, .com.cn (one mentioned), .net, .cc domains. Two of them said .info and .org to them are pointless. I haven't made that much but without these funky pointless domains I wouldn't have made this extra money - plus I wouldn't have even thought about buying the domains in the first place!

I'm just enjoying the Chinese bubble whilst it lasts :D

•••
When do you guys think the "pop" will happen?
THis market really is too small to pop ,in domaining world this looks like big money ,but in reality its chump change, The market may come off a bit,because of what going on the the world of finance and china. Keep in mind 2500 to buy a chip for a chinese investor is like an average american forking over 40 grand so any buyer their is probably an investor in their {chinas} stock market,in one way or another, so if anything you may see the chips fall temporarily but this can be a great place to get in for all the chasers that never bought.

.BUY SHEEP ,SELL DEER

•••
I have just sold two domains to Chinese buyers whilst I have another one pending, all of them have said they are only interested in .com, .cn, .com.cn (one mentioned), .net, .cc domains. Two of them said .info and .org to them are pointless. I haven't made that much but without these funky pointless domains I wouldn't have made this extra money - plus I wouldn't have even thought about buying the domains in the first place!

I'm just enjoying the Chinese bubble whilst it lasts :D
Yet .info and .org ,have been the stars the last 2 months,shows that not only chinese are buying domains

•••
Yet .info and .org ,have been the stars the last 2 months,shows that not only chinese are buying domains

Maybe people are buying them up in the hope that these extensions are wanted by Chinese domainers? Anyway, the feed back I have got is from three people only - but it is good to see what they are really after.

•••
Many Chinese (or other nationalities speculating in chips) are new into this and not all are experienced. Many of these will obviously "invest" in bad names that never sell again. These names will be dropped after 1, 2 or 3 years and the prices for some TLD:s will fall, or even crash.

Short .COMs will stay VERY expensive. .NET and .CN will probably continue to do good as well. Maybe even .CC, .CLUB and some .XYZ.

That is what I believe...

•••
Doesn't it make sense that the chips do actually mean something in Chinese, and for us it's just garbage?

For example, in Google translate "wrrj" translated to Chinese means "Microsoft software". I have no idea how and why this works, but I do believe the Chinese people look at our alphabet differently than we do.

This also explains why they don't like the "A,E,I,O,U,V", it can't be translated.

Perhaps the market will settle with chips that do actually mean something.

•••
"Something that quickly come,will quickly go"

3L or 4L maybe still became favorite investment. But the price will go down.

Remember, China not only a Target market but they create a market. They create a product.

•••
Wait Wait and Wait...

I see a bubble for certain type of domains. I see a strong market on short .com .biz .cc .xyz .net and yes .top.

I agree that there must be some market manipulation here like in many markets.

I don't see great 'chips' as a bubble but as a sort of land rush. There are so many Chinese websites that are put online everyday! They need a domain name that can be easy to remember and market. It happens that they are looking to get prestigious web addresses and that they are spending good money to own them.

They see value in other extension than .com. We must respect that. We are not the center of the world. .com doesn't rule the entire globe.

Chinese are using numbers like they are words. I 8 2 speak 4 you. Get the point?

Also, it seams that there is already a good amount of Chinese end-users using some of the so called 'chips' domains.

It is easy to call all this a bubble because we don't understand what's going on here...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back