IT.COM

Cheapest .tm names?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hi there --

I want to register a .tm (Turkmenistan) name. I know there is a 10 year minimum registration, but what is the cheapest I can register one? And where?

If there's no way to spend less than the $100 per year, I guess I'll have to skip this one. Any help is appreciated. :)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Has anyone here actually ever bought a .tm name? Weren't these supposed to be the "dot-trademark" names or something? LOL

•••
Yes a lot .TM premium names are available...the likes of Windows.tm, webhost.tm, adidas.tm...Whoever has the budget of 1000$, go ahead..:)

•••
Cheapest .tm I have ever seen is $90 per year off a super low $6.95 enom account.

However the number can be misleading:
The minimum registration period for a .tm domain is 10 years. Included in the price is a "one-time" registry set up fee and an advance payment for the 10 year registration period. EU residents and UK Companies add VAT

I've seen other registrars offer it for $95/year so you know how much enom is marking it up on regular accounts that are over $100-$125.

It may be interesting to note the .tm $200 discount to registrars off the $1000 retail:
http://nic.tm/join.html
Which means it's costing the registrars about $800 and they are selling at a $100-$300 profit.

Retail renewal of .tm is $500+$100 = $600 for ten more years?

Did you know about the "return policy"?
Should the Administrative Contact on behalf of the Registrant decide to cancel the domain registration before the end of the initial 10 year term, we will refund, all unused annual increments to the account that paid us. No other registry offers such a refunds policy.

Last edited:
•••
Thanks, some good info there. I don't understand how some of these ccTLDs plan on doing much business with crazy prizes like those.

I did notice the "return policy". Not very helpful for someone who actually wants to register a name for actual use.

.TM has so much potential, but Turkmenistan needs some help :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back