IT.COM

Cheapest backorder registrar?

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
Hello

Anyone know who is currently the cheapest backorder registrar?

Basically if the name expires, they will "grab" it and register it on your behalf.

Thanks You

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I think godaddy is the cheapest(although I never had any success with them).

•••
There are several, some good and some not. For a complete list I suggest you check out www.startname.com

I personally have tried the ExpireFISH service from RegisterFly.com with a couple of domains and never caught one.

Finally, you can also find such this service at the Web site in my signature (it's the GoDaddy backordering, have a look here for some reviews)... ;)

Last edited:
•••
Just wondering, what happens if godaddy cant grab the name for me? Do they still charge my card or is it refunded or is it not charges until the domain is grabbed?

•••
No, you'r then allowed to try to backorder another domain.

From the reviews page: "If you don't get the name, you don't lose money: We re-assign your backorder fee to another name until you capture one."

•••
•••
•••
:|

I have a expirefish.com account for about 6 months now and have try to grab about 5 differnet names with no lucky, but i have 6 more months to go.
:alien:
I still had to pay the $19.95, just to get started.

I would stick to the larger company's that offer the backorder service, cause they seem to caught all the Best TLD's.

•••
So.. Could someone create a list of the cheap and the qualified services that are known to be good when it comes to grabbing those domains.

(just for a reference :) will put it in a notepad file)

•••
Never used backordering but from what I hear pool and namewinner are the best, GoDaddy is the cheapest.

•••
I've done a dozen attempts with GoDaddy/Wildwest and they all failed. I've lost faith in their abilities. They let you switch to a new domain to watch/backorder but what use is that if they never grab it.

•••
do pool and namewinner work the same way? meaning your fee is applied towards a different domain if its not able to grab it for you?

•••
Originally posted by rambo6376
do pool and namewinner work the same way? meaning your fee is applied towards a different domain if its not able to grab it for you?
I think they charge you whenever there is a successful domain grab.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back