Domain Empire

Cheap, Reputable Registrars?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hi There,

As you can see from my profile/history, I bowed out of the web development business a few years ago and only keep up with things for side projects/favors to friends. It's probably been a good 3 or 4 years at this point. For those of you who were around when I was, I'm doing very well, and am working on a Doctor of Medicine degree now!

In any case, I'm working on a side project for a couple of friends and I'm wondering what good registrars that have good interfaces but that are also cheap you would recommend. The one I used to use is apparently out of business now!

My understanding is the registration fees have gone up but certainly I can find something around for less than 15 bucks on a website that doesn't look like it was designed by a 12 year old right!? (My Google search for cheap domain name registrations turned up sites that seriously looked like they were made my kids!)

In any case, any suggestions, recommendations, or comments would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

-Wu

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
My recommendation would be Netfirms. They are a large registrar and have a coupon code for $4.95 per domain name (coupon code: promo495). It is practically year-round. Oh yea, with privacy too. Have been using them since March ...

•••
Internet.bs, no question.

•••
I use namecheap but I hear namesilo is good too.

•••
•••
In any case, any suggestions, recommendations, or comments would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

i don't know what suggestion, recommendation, comment you need, if i say, your article like a introduction letter, if you can accept?

•••
Dynadot (www.dynadot.com) has great interface, simple and easy to use.

•••
My recommendation would be Netfirms. They are a large registrar and have a coupon code for $4.95 per domain name (coupon code: promo495). It is practically year-round. Oh yea, with privacy too. Have been using them since March ...

+1

I have been with them for years, never had a problem with hosting and their domain prices are awesome!! Specially like you say, it also includes privacy.

•••
I would recommend two, but one of them has just updated their web page and now looks like it's been designed by a 5 year old. Dynadot.com and Name.com. But don't worry, once you login to Name.com, it's the same interface as before. Both have real support personnel. Of the two, I prefer Dynadot.com

•••
LOL at the Name.com site design. It gets lamer everytime they "update" it. I love how I have to clear the text in the search boxes before I use it. <rolls eyes>

I really like the Dynadot UI and I move my domains there as they come up for renewal.
I will say Dynadot is only worth it if you spend more than $500/yr.

Internet.bs is a great name BTW.

•••
I find Name.com the best, their new design is not the best though

Great support when needed

•••
I'd recommend name.com for domain reg's and hostgator for hosting.

•••
•••
Godaddy.com, Namecheap.com and Name.com come to mind as fitting your requirements. There are negatives with every registrar out there but these 3 seem to do the job for me almost 100% of the time

Welcome back and congrats on the Degree!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back