0.0%
  • 3rd (tie)

Cash Flow Domains

votes
    0.0%

• 6 votes
  • Ended 1 year ago
  • Final results
So I bought a bunch, and am creating some sites with my Daughter. So heres the question

What does it stand for?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
Creative Female Daughter
Placed my votes, but these might be better alternatives?

Creative Fun Daughter?
Creative Fantastic Daughter?
CoolFatherDaughter?

•••
•••
Crazy For Domains
Cash For Days
Contact Free Delivery
Care Free Deals

•••
So I bought a bunch, and am creating some sites with my Daughter. So heres the question

What does it stand for?

It is created for Clothing & Fashion Design, but because the therm is not popular, so it is for what ever people want to use it.. I guest not all domainers here do realize that CFD is an abreviation of Clothing and Page Design.. 😁

By the way, How are you? Missing you from the Domain Sherpa show, when you, Adam Dickers, Rick Schwartz and Michael Berkens were still the sherpas..

•••

What does it stand for?
Whatever people want. It is good to see people developing sites on the gTLD but the problem is that it is using the heavy discounting model so most of the registrations will not renew on the first renewal.

The lack of development means that real sites on .CFD are less likely to get traffic because the overall usage rates, and therefore visibility in search engine results, will work against them due to people not being familiar with the gTLD.

Regards...jmcc

•••
as far as I know contracts for difference.

(which are banned in the USA / Canada).

•••
Placed my votes, but these might be better alternatives?

Creative Fun Daughter?
Creative Fantastic Daughter?
CoolFatherDaughter?
i see you working the father daughter angle. Maybe I was inspired by Rob Grant and Lana Del Rey. PH

•••
as far as I know contracts for difference.

(which are banned in the USA / Canada).
thats interesting, i didnt know they were banned, they might explain why this TLD chnaged hands form the original applicant.

when i was researching i thought maybe i dont need to buy domains, just a one year contract for difference.

and then it really did feel like gambling.

Page

•••
Whatever people want. It is good to see people developing sites on the gTLD but the problem is that it is using the heavy discounting model so most of the registrations will not renew on the first renewal.

The lack of development means that real sites on .CFD are less likely to get traffic because the overall usage rates, and therefore visibility in search engine results, will work against them due to people not being familiar with the gTLD.

Regards...jmcc
thats spot on, and the discount registration plague the industry right now, and i think mask a declining trend in registration in all tlds, including .com

so domain investors wont be my resale market because they truly need a active high volume. clearly ranked hierarchy of demand and action to then invest in the first derivative....

the reason i wanted to document my journey is can i take advantage of the discounted pricining the get names at less than $1 , like i was an SEO linker or phisher, then grow some demand in the TLD so they would have value in the future, we'll see.

we did have some success this week, got it published (spoiler alert for poll guessers)

on slang.net

i appreciate any thumbs ups

https://slang.net/meaning/cfd

•••
•••
Funny there's a .clothing, .fashion and a .design as well. Ties it all in, I guess.

Hey, hope you do well with your site with your kid!

Building a site with my daughter as well actually, for her budding photography skills. I let her go through my gTLD portfolio to pick her domain, she ended up choosing this one in dot-land, of all extensions.

•••
It is created for Clothing & Fashion Design, but because the therm is not popular, so it is for what ever people want to use it.. I guest not all domainers here do realize that CFD is an abreviation of Clothing and Page Design.. 😁

By the way, How are you? Missing you from the Domain Sherpa show, when you, Adam Dickers, Rick Schwartz and Michael Berkens were still the sherpas..
thanks i just watched a Sherpa this week, and thought back to how much i liked doing those shows.
I may do another TheDomainShow.com - i think i can more current and relevant for a wider group of domain name investors.

•••
I have soured on .cfd after the registry changed from standard to premium the renewal rates on names that are continuously held. For me, it means that there is a risk in investing effort since the ground is uncertain. It is unfortunate, since the clothing, fashion and design could have provided a reasonable base.

Anyway, to answer the question, in addition to the intended meaning (clothing-fashion-design) one meaning I saw was Computational Fluid Dynamics. It may seem specialized, but there is at least one operating site on the extension using that interpretation.

-Bob

•••
Hi

i'll play:

Confused Frantic Domainers
Clues For Dummies
:)
Chicago Fire Department
Chicago Food Delivery...
and any other city that starts with C

but i wouldn't reg any

imo...

Last edited:
•••
Hi Bob, i agree with you and your interpretation on the price change. More than anything it highlights our position as registrants never seems to matter much. I've been just buying the $.69 ones, and some premium but at least i can see the price. i hope they dont bump in the future.
I was able to contact my registrar for names purchased before the price changes to premium, my 2021 batch and they have stayed regular renewals. Also i have made some aftermarket purchases of names with regular renewals, keeping my fingers crossed.

•••
Hi

i'll play:

Confused Frantic Domainers
Clues For Dummies
:)
Chicago Fire Department
Chicago Food Delivery...
and any other city that starts with C

but i wouldn't reg any

imo...
i think thats certainly the preferred play for most, im looking at being and originator here, not as much playing off the market activity of others. In some ways its the only game left i like ot play since competition for names among investors has increased... but its a different play. Im building some community and value beyond the name, we'll see. thanks for the funny comments.

Page

•••
For those unfamiliar with the issue regarding that registry repricing from standard to premium of names that did not expire or change ownership, here is the link to the NamePros discussion:
https://www.namepros.com/threads/tu...sbs-and-cfd-to-avoid-unexpected-bill.1290692/

I like the concept you have of fun and building community and it is a way to acquire some really nice SLDs at cheap prices. I hope for your sake they don't reclassify again, or if they do you are able to get an exemption.

-Bob

Last edited:
•••
I may do another TheDomainShow.com - i think i can more current and relevant for a wider group of domain name investors.
That would be fantastic. I really enjoyed the first one. I am sure that it was a crazy amount of work for you and Arif and maybe others, and sincere thanks for all that effort.

I love your enthusiasm and the huge wealth of experience you have. Your contributions here and the social and elsewhere are always fun and worthwhile. Thank you.

-Bob

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back