NameSilo

question Categories at GoDaddy auctions - Important or not?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

golan

GolanMedia.comTop Member
Impact
When submitting domains to Godaddy, for how important is to set category? Or isn't worth time.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
Not Important, as it is neither granular nor representative enough to begin with. Also, buyers know not to solely rely on categorization when shopping for a name because they know it is not always accurate.

However, it does not hurt to use the nearest end-use category available. I use Business > General for the majority of the names I have listed there.

•••
I think it only matters to other domainers since they would be the only ones that would be looking under the Domain Auctions tab. End users wouldnt know to even start there. An end user would click the Domain Name Search section first so there really should be a direct link from there. There really are so many little things that Godaddy is clueless about to create more sales. More sales for us is more commission for them but they don't know how an end user thinks.

•••
Thank for your input, guys. But anyway it seems i can't escape adding category while submitting domains, at least with mass submit. I liked your method @w3names with business>general and will do like this.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back