IT.COM

branding Canvas: Rebranding from .me to .com to (shocker!) .io

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Rebranding involves making necessary changes in the domain(s) used. Doing this domain rebranding twice can be risky and dangerous, but in the case of Canvas.com it was unavoidable. They ended up with an .io domain.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
They let you hire people based on immutable characteristics. They clearly have no morals. I'm out...

•••
.io sounds really boring to me..
.com will always be the winnner

•••
•••
Untapped? I thought it's a social network for incels or nuns.

They don't need to buy untapped .com for 7 figures, they need to rebrand to something better and a .com that is under 100k, a lot of options for what they do.

•••

They don't need to buy untapped .com for 7 figures, they need to rebrand to something better and a .com that is under 100k, a lot of options for what they do.
:ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:

•••
•••
Jasper (The Best AI Content Generator) rebranded from Conversion.ai to Jarvis.ai to now Jasper.ai all within a span of 1.5 years.

Last edited:
•••
It wouldn't surprise me if they added those options to the drop-down list.

•••
I must say the legal ruling on canvas surprised me. It certainly is a generic word and is used by a ton of of companies, not simply the one that made the claim. I hope it gets overturned at some point, as otherwise I think will send a chill through the high end of the market that seek out those great generic .com words.

Re their new name untapped in .io. While untapped has a nice connotation, and makes sense for their business, some will not be keen on the ed ending in an .io.

Thanks for sharing the news, @Acroplex.

Bob

•••
I must say the legal ruling on canvas surprised me. It certainly is a generic word and is used by a ton of of companies, not simply the one that made the claim. I hope it gets overturned at some point, as otherwise I think will send a chill through the high end of the market that seek out those great generic .com words.

Re their new name untapped in .io. While untapped has a nice connotation, and makes sense for their business, some will not be keen on the ed ending in an .io.

Thanks for sharing the news, @Acroplex.

Bob
I have not really looked much into it, but at first glance is seems generic though I really have no clue about the business model and history of either company involved.

I know both companies had something to do with recruitment, which had to play a factor. If you used Canvas.com for another use, especially a natural use like Art I don't think there would be any issue.

Brad

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back