IT.COM

domain cancelled.holiday

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

How would you type in the word 'cancelled'?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • With one L

votes
    0.0%
  • With two L's

votes
    0.0%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

BeyondTheDot

Established Member
Impact
Please appraise the following .holiday☀️ domain.

I simply can't get my head around the spelling of the word 'cancelled' as a non-native English speaker. Is it worth anything with double LL or nothing because of it?

Looking forward to your feedback.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Alright. Are we talking wholesale or retail now?

It is funny and hard to accept that cancelled.commercial would likely sell for "billions", while a descriptive version for an event that occurs for millions of people daily is worth only $99,-.

Thankfully I also have; cancelledvacation.com😎

Any more thoughts?

•••
While both canceled and cancelled are acceptable for the past tense of cancel, the version with one "L" is more common in American English, while the version with two "L's" is more common in British English. Regardless, I struggle with both domains. IMO

•••
I struggle with both domains.
I see. Helpful clarification.

When you say both, are you referring to the cancelled.holiday and canceled.holiday version or my cancelled.holiday and cancelledvacation.com domains?

•••
I see. Helpful clarification.

When you say both, are you referring to the cancelled.holiday and canceled.holiday version or my cancelled.holiday and cancelledvacation.com domains?
To clarify, I meant all of them. IMO

•••
Alright. Are we talking wholesale or retail now?

It is funny and hard to accept that cancelled.commercial would likely sell for "billions", while a descriptive version for an event that occurs for millions of people daily is worth only $99,-.

Thankfully I also have; cancelledvacation.com😎

Any more thoughts?
Billions. LOL. No.

Regardless of how you spell "cancelled", I don't think these domains have much, if any, commercial value.

Brad

•••
Great to have learned this since it saves me another $50,-. I also just realized that 'vacation' is more commonly used in American English compared to 'holiday', and thus combining that with the British spelling of 'cancelled' makes 'cancelledvacation.com' indeed a bad domain name.

I'll be locking this thread and move on to the next appraisal.

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back