IT.COM

information Can you remove a name from a Brandable marketplace?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Reyginus

Established Member
Impact
I got my first name approval for SH but reading the conditions pissed me off. Not only am I to get 25 percent when it sells I also have to pay for quality classification and describe it myself.

They are yet to even create a logo after two days. The whole thing seemed slavish to me. I don't want to be a part of such system. What exactly are these guys doing that warrants these deductions?

I want to remove the name there and possibly leave the place for good. Can I cancel the name already accepted and registered by them or I have to wait it out? I think I'm done with them.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I removed all my domains from SquadHelp & Brandpa quite a while ago - easy to do......

But they where names that I registered/bought......not registered by Squadhelp - I checked the rule section on SquadHelp and could not see anything specific about domains they registered, I assume they keep them?? Maybe, not sure on this.....

Maydeb @GrantP could answer the above?

https://helpdesk.squadhelp.com/en/a...e of seller owned,pending offer for your name).

"In case of seller owned domains, you are allowed to remove your domains from Squadhelp at no cost, by giving a 7 day notice (as long as there is no active or pending offer for your name). Your domains must continue to point to SH name servers during this notice period"

I personally did not give them 7 days notice, just removed and was done with it......

•••
I don't think you can cancel a name they registered. Personally, I have never submitted an unregistered name for a number of reasons.

The form for unregistered domains (where squadhelp registers the name) states following breakdown:-
"
If approved, you will receive
  • 25% commission if domain sells in first year.
  • 22.5% commission if domain sells in second year.
  • 20% commission if domain sells in third year.
Note: SH will pay for renewal fees.
"

You agreed to these terms by clicking the checkbox before submitting. That breakdown is above the submit button.

Learn from this, move on. Suggest you do the classification and description yourself, it's free and it takes a few minutes. Hope the name sells soon, so you get your cut. Don't stress over such things, there is plenty brandable names.

•••
I removed all my domains from SquadHelp & Brandpa quite a while ago - easy to do......

But they where names that I registered/bought......not registered by Squadhelp - I checked the rule section on SquadHelp and could not see anything specific about domains they registered, I assume they keep them?? Maybe, not sure on this.....

Maydeb @GrantP could answer the above?

https://helpdesk.squadhelp.com/en/articles/2885225-marketplace-rules-for-sellers#:~:text=In case of seller owned,pending offer for your name).

"In case of seller owned domains, you are allowed to remove your domains from Squadhelp at no cost, by giving a 7 day notice (as long as there is no active or pending offer for your name). Your domains must continue to point to SH name servers during this notice period"

I personally did not give them 7 days notice, just removed and was done with it......
Thanks. Seems there is no other way since they registered it themselves.

•••
I don't think you can cancel a name they registered. Personally, I have never submitted an unregistered name for a number of reasons.

The form for unregistered domains (where squadhelp registers the name) states following breakdown:-
"
"

You agreed to these terms by clicking the checkbox before submitting. That breakdown is above the submit button.

Learn from this, move on. Suggest you do the classification and description yourself, it's free and it takes a few minutes. Hope the name sells soon, so you get your cut. Don't stress over such things, there is plenty brandable names.
I wouldn't have complained if I didn't pay an extra dollar for classification. Not that it was anything but the idea of paying for such service for a name they are bound to gain a ridiculous percentage from looked like what a user will do.

Already the 25% idea pissed me off but since I'm still trying to decode Brandables I gave it a shot but now I'm getting an unhealthy vibe. But like you said, lesson learned. This is probably the last name I'd put there.

Last edited:
•••

"
"

Is it a flat 20% for year 4 onwards, or do they keep reducing the commission?

•••
I think they delete it after the third year if there is no sale.

•••
I think they delete it after the third year if there is no sale.
Would be interesting to see how many domains they register each year on people's behalf, what types, their listing prices and how many get sold.....

Also how many get picked up by resellers once SquadHelp let them drop after 3 years and if they eventually get sold what the price was.......

•••
Would be interesting to see how many domains they register each year on people's behalf, what types, their listing prices and how many get sold.....

Also how many get picked up by resellers once SquadHelp let them drop after 3 years and if they eventually get sold what the price was.......
I'd be interested in that too but I doubt they will put it in the public space.

•••

Good question. Unfortunately, I don't know the answer.

Hopefully @GrantP can clarify

•••
I got my first name approval for SH but reading the conditions pissed me off. Not only am I to get 25 percent when it sells I also have to pay for quality classification and describe it myself.

They are yet to even create a logo after two days. The whole thing seemed slavish to me. I don't want to be a part of such system. What exactly are these guys doing that warrants these deductions?

I want to remove the name there and possibly leave the place for good. Can I cancel the name already accepted and registered by them or I have to wait it out? I think I'm done with them.

You submitted a name that has no certainty of ever being sold and since you didn't want to spend $7 to register it, they register it for you and they will provide you 25% of the proceeds if the name sells, as a reward.

That is a mighty good deal and SH provides a great platform for those with limited resources, but want to start domaining to provide them with an opportunity to earn without any upfront investment, as is the nature of this business. I am not sure what you are complaining or cribbing about.

Either you classify a domain (takes 2 minutes) or you pay only $1 to one of the other members like, you and me, on the platform who provides the classification service. They are not forcing you. It is just an option.

And once your domain is approved , it takes some time for a logo maker to finish making a logo.
A lot of people who buys $1000 dollar names and list on SH ALSO has to wait for the logo to finish, sometimes for 3/4 days.

And what exactly felt Slavish? Because they make you classify a name you submitted or demanded $1 if you want them to do it for you?

I mean there are a lot of things where SH can improve, but I don't really know what you are complaining about.

I would suggest you learn to have some patience.
You will need a lot of patience in this business.

Last edited:
•••
I agree with blogspotter. It's their name, not yours. They're giving you 25% as a thank you free which is fair.

If you feel a name is worthwhile, you register it yourself. And no, you can't cancel their domain. Remember, they paid for it.

•••
Sedo.com ask 15 percent commission if they can sell your domain.

•••
I think I read somewhere that they drop it after 3 years. Not sure though. I don't do brandable marketplaces for two reasons: Exclusivity and the need to point your domain to their nameservers.

Last edited:
•••
Yes you can! Create your own parking pages with stats. Everything is posible. GLTA ;)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back