Dynadot

.biz Can private individuals register .biz names?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hi,

Can private individuals legally register .biz domains or do you have to be some sort of registered business, such as a legally constituted company or corporation?

Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
The .biz domain, operated by NeuLevel, Inc., is restricted to businesses.

•••
Follow-up question on this topic: Can a business from ANY country register .biz?

•••
Wiki SAY's

Although intended to be a restricted domain aimed at businesses, in reality the .biz domain is run as an unrestricted domain, available to anyone for any use. No enforcement mechanisms are planned or intended, at least directly by the registry or registrars, though it is in theory possible for third parties to challenge noncompliant registrations through a dispute resolution policy.

•••
•••
I guess anyone can register it . I have seen many people having .biz domains.

•••
Unless it's a premium word / keyword, why would want .biz?

•••
But though .biz is still a good TLD i guess rather good for business enterprises

•••
.biz can be a prime domain name for the right keywords. It's perfect for businesses that want a memorable name but don't have the money for the .com. It's not as restricted as a ccTLD and it is very generic when it comes to business use.

And to verify what most everyone else has said, anyone can register .biz domains. There may be a potential mechanism for them to move against you if you get the right domain, but there are no real restrictions in place. I've owned several .biz names myself.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back