IT.COM

Can ICANN/PUNTO take back domains you registered?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I snagged a bunch of premium quality domains from a drop with the .BAR extension. When I went to change the DNS I noticed it gave me an error. I didn't think much about this, but an hour later I couldn't change it still. So I went to all my domains and lo and behold the domain doesn't resolve.

I begin to look a bit deeper and see that the whois now says "This domain has been reserved by the registry, and is not available for registration."

So you are telling me because Punto didn't get there stuff together when these domains were to be released, they now are going to essentially STEAL what I already paid for for no valid reason (except maybe they want to cash in on it). For what seems like a struggling company, doing these kinds of things will lose a lot of business.

Domains:
BOURBON.BAR
WHISKEY.Bar
RUM.BAR
VODKA.BAR
ALCOHOL.BAR

I would like to know your thoughts on this.

upload_2019-12-4_0-10-55.png

upload_2019-12-4_0-11-36.png

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Appears the domain was "purged" on the 30th. Well after the registration of the domain(s).

20191203_212959.jpg

•••
Yah you can even see that it was parked at Epik and got some traffic.

upload_2019-12-4_1-42-21.png

•••
Just a little update, they finally gave me notice they took the domains.

upload_2019-12-4_15-9-57.png

•••
Pretty standard Donuts behaviour to be honest, even seeing them LARPing on Dan.com now with their (ever increasing) amount of reserved names

Last edited:
•••
I snagged a bunch of premium quality domains from a drop with the .BAR extension. When I went to change the DNS I noticed it gave me an error. I didn't think much about this, but an hour later I couldn't change it still. So I went to all my domains and lo and behold the domain doesn't resolve.

I begin to look a bit deeper and see that the whois now says "This domain has been reserved by the registry, and is not available for registration."

So you are telling me because Donuts didn't get there stuff together when these domains were to be released, they now are going to essentially STEAL what I already paid for for no valid reason (except maybe they want to cash in on it). For what seems like a struggling company, doing these kinds of things will lose a lot of business.

Domains:
BOURBON.BAR
WHISKEY.Bar
RUM.BAR
VODKA.BAR
ALCOHOL.BAR

I would like to know your thoughts on this.

Show attachment 137946

Show attachment 137947
It is always great to get your facts together before you post something.

Registry here is not Donuts - .bar is a new gTLD that is owned by Mexico City-based company PUNTO 2012. So you have just put another company name in a thread title...

•••
It is always great to get your facts together before you post something.

Registry here is not Donuts - .bar is a new gTLD that is owned by Mexico City-based company PUNTO 2012. So you have just put another company name in a thread title...

Corrected.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back