Dynadot

advice Can I grab this one word .net domain.?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

sheiky

Established Member
Impact
Hello fellas,

Recently I was bidding on GoDaddy expired domain auction and lost hope on a domain as I thought its gonna go way high and lost the auction for around low 2xx figure.

Its a one word .net domain INCREMENT.NET

I got a mail from GD today that the winner did not complete the transaction and as I am the second highest bidder it goes to me and gave 24 hours to complete the transaction or it will go to the next guy downstairs.

A quick advise please on getting this domain or let it go for that price. I actually like to add a one word .net to my portfolio but need your expert thoughts on this one.

Thanks in advance for your time guys.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I think it's maxed out at $200 - dot net market isn't looking great right now.

•••
@Joe Styler - Can you help me here.

I can see that the domain name awarded to the second highest bidder even I paid for the listing.

As per my knowledge on Indian banking system, any failure transaction/unclaimed amount will be refunded within 7 days from the date of a transaction. It's 8 days completed and It seems, Godaddy claimed the amount and your Indian Godaddy support executives are helpless and there is a huge delay in responding mails from Godaddy side.

FYI:

Here is the bank statement proof for your reference
upload_2018-7-30_13-4-28.png

I have received a text message from the bank on the same

upload_2018-7-30_13-6-17.png

You can see the same order history from my Godaddy account

order Id#1341363556- Showing pending

Funds deducted from my bank immediately and the status was not reflected on Godaddy.

In addition to this, Godaddy is asking me to pay another $10 as an Admin fee :(

Last edited:
•••
Praveen did you check with ICICI bank on the status of the transaction ? If not credited to GD account it should have been refunded by now.

If it's verified that the payment was indeed credited to GD account i think you are within right to claim the domain.

•••
I've just spoken to my bank executive and he said this amount claimed a long ago!

•••
Just an update:

I spoke to Indian Godaddy executive yesterday and Godaddy backend team suggested me to check with CCAvenue (a Third party payment gateway service) since it might be a glitch from CCAvenue

I have contacted CCAvenue and looped Godaddy's auction team in that mail and here is the response I received from CCAvenue

Dear Customer,

This is in reference to your mail mentioned below.

We would like to inform you that the order number 13413xxxx6 is successfully processed through CCAvenue and forwarded to your merchant account.

Please note CCAvenue ref no : 1074044xxxx9

For any further assistance feel free to revert.

Best Regards,
Austin Sandor
CCAvenue Technical Support Team
Avenues India Pvt. Ltd.
Plaza Asiad, Level II, S. V. Road, Santa Cruz (West), Mumbai – 400054. India.
Email: [email protected] | Phone: +91-22-67425555
Customer Queries: 401/402/403/404
Merchant Queries: 405/406/407/408/409/413/416/419
Integration support : 421/422/423
Visit us at www.ccavenue.com

So Godaddy claimed the amount but didn't award the domain or didn't refund (They are still holding my funds)

I have contacted Godaddy on 21st July itself and here is the first response I got

Discussion Notes
Support Staff Response

Dear Praveen,

Your auction account has been suspended due to nonpayment of increment.net. You will need to pay the admin fee to have your account reactivated. I have placed the fee in your cart. Please notify us by responding to this email when you have processed the fee. We will reactivate your auction membership at that time.

Please remember when dealing with expired domains, the timelines are such that there is no flexibility in the payment process. As the highest bidder you are afforded 48 hours during which you can make payment. After that time period your account is subject to the domain being billed for you. Should that process fail, the domain is offered to the next highest bidder, and the domain is no longer available to the account with the failed billing.

Regards,

Elizabeth

Aftermarket Support​

They are very lazy people and didn't do the initial investigation and simply copied formatted text and sent a mail to me

@Joe Styler
I'm losing my productive hours and can you please help me here asap

Last edited:
•••
It looks like it was straightened out now.

•••
The name is worth 200+ bones, you will get a decent return no doubt. Best of luck to with it, a good purchase in my opinion.

Last edited:
•••
It looks like it was straightened out now.
Thank you @Joe Styler for your time and response.
Finally, Godaddy auction team agreed that there was a glitch in Godaddy integration with CCAvenue and they initiated refund and reinstated my GoDaddy auction membership.

But I have lost 8 hours of productivity so far and they would have been done better investigation rather than replying to my mail saying that I didn't pay for the auction. Indian Godaddy support executives are helpless and they don't have a basic understanding of Godaddy auctions.

On a different note, there is a no valid reason to charge 18% GST to Godaddy auctions if auctions are not supported by Indian Godaddy team.

@Joe Styler Do you have any thoughts on why 18% GST is charged on auctions amount since it is supported by USA team. Removing GST on Godaddy auctions will significantly increase the bidding from Indian domainers

Last edited:
•••
The tax is something we looked into very carefully and also hired an outside (world wide leader) auditing firm who also said we needed to charge the tax. Of course we would not charge it if we could.

•••
Back