Domain Empire

Can I get a domain?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Well, in a forum like this with all this big pro domain name talk, a little n00b question doesn't hurt, does it? =P

I want a domain name, but I only have a bank chequing account, no credit card, and I want it cheap, preferable at godaddy. Can I get it without credit card???

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I believe you can order a domain at GoDaddy using your checking account.

If you're able to open a PayPal account, several domain registration companies accept it as an alternative to credit cards.

•••
If you don't mind me asking, Why Godaddy?

•••
Well, as far as my newbie mind goes, it's the cheapest.

And I'm in Canada, so is that going to affect it?

•••
They are not the cheapest. And as far as Canda goes GD hasn't blocked them yet.

•••
How much are your GoDaddy Reg's going to be, the one? :blink:

Another thing to consider is the ease (including time involved) to which your Registrar conducts the "free pushes" - if you're going to be in the domain reselling business. IMHO, GoDaddy has the most archaic "push system" of them all. Just my two sense!
All the best.
B-)

•••
Jeff, Glad I'm not the only one that dislikes GD pushes.

•••
Originally posted by acts837
Jeff, Glad I'm not the only one that dislikes GD pushes.

Don't even get me started ... :blink:

:bah:

•••
Well, I'm not going to be in the domain reselling business, but do you mind telling me what you mean by "pushes"? Oh yeah than who is the cheapest?

•••
Originally posted by CoolHost.com
Don't even get me started ... :blink:

:bah:

I always cringe and think twice before purchasing anything from somebody who is selling a godaddy domain - it has to be a real nice one and that 60 day rule sucks - i know that you can't transfer away from any registrar before 60 days are up after the domain is registered but godaddy take it to the extreme and block transfers until 60 days after a name has been pushed from one account to another......

Oh, sorry guys - you said DONT get me started :lol:

•••
No problems here with over the border domain registration transactions.

A domain "push" is the transfer of a domain name to another owner. GoDaddy technically requires more information than other registrars so it takes more time to do the transfer. If you're not going to be resellilng names, then this will not be much of an issue for you.

I'll let the real professionals here give you information about the cheapest and most reliable registrars to consider.

Good luck.

P.S. Whatever you do, don't get CoolHost started on this. It won't be pretty.

•••
"Pushes" ... easy, (hopefully) instant transfers of domain names between Buyer and Seller at the same Registrar(s). Easy as pie (if not at GoDaddy)! :tu:
I consider Enom at an $8.95 Reseller to be the "cheapest" ... while still being at the level of service/value I'd expect, IMHO.
B-)

•••
Originally posted by CoolHost.com
"Pushes" ... easy, (hopefully) instant transfers of domain names between Buyer and Seller at the same Registrar(s). Easy as pie (if not at GoDaddy)! :tu:
I consider Enom at an $8.95 Reseller to be the "cheapest" ... while still being at the level of service/value I'd expect, IMHO.
B-)

Couldn't agree more CH.

I have the lower priced account with enom and it rocks. Their services on offer are superb and their customer services are excellent.

I had a little problem with a couple of .ca domains that CIRA were trying to take away from me and enom sorted it out straight away for me in less than 24hrs. That service is second to none.

•••
Righto ... and I just got me a new $6.95'r! :tu:
Super cool, as been saving up for it for a little while now.
Enom rules!
B-)

•••
Well looks like I can't.....it says by credit card or by checking but MUST be in US dollars.......do you know where they do accept

•••
Looks like you'll need to go to a bank and get a money order in US dollars or find a local friend with a PayPal account who you can pay directly.

•••
You can get a paypal account unverified even to use at registrars that accept them.

•••
THere's no other way than paypal?

•••
There probably is but it's gonna be hard to find. At NameCheap.com you can also deposit funds from PayPal.

You should open a PayPal account by clicking here and add a checking account to your account ( 100% FREE )

This would make your life WAY easier!

•••
and where can i purchase a domain using paypal?

•••
If you have a checking account, your best bet is to get a free $8.95 enom reseller account or even $6.95 if you can afford it. Mail in your check to fill up your account, no need for paypal or a credit card. Not to mention its better to send in a check so you don't get docked 3%. ;)

•••
I'd be careful with the 6.95 accounts. eNom just slammed somebody the other day for selling illegally created accounts on eBay.

•••
I think ariadomain allows u to use paypal

www.ariadomain.com

but be careful, their "24/7 excelent support" sucks and they arent the cheapest either.

•••
That site is not functioning.

•••
wont work for me either at the current time

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back