IT.COM

Can anyone let me know How to back link from .edu and .gov site?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hi Guys... i have no idea about get valuable link though education and government sites like .gov and .edu

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
you can find a list of edu websites and write comments on them...

•••
Most are no follow if you are commenting on blogs if you are able to find them that allow comments. Comments that are irrelevant or that have a link to something spammy or involved in sales unrelated will be almost useless and maybe judged negatively.

There is also quite a bit of debate now as to whether a .edu or .gov backlink is all that worthwhile. I still tend to think so but if anyone can comment on a .edu or .gov blog to get a backlink then I tend to disagree. I think Google is smarter than that. I expect them to value those in text and in natural copy.

•••
If you are not sure whether your blogs are dofollow or nofollow then you can get a bit of help by running SeoQuake toolbar with Firefox. This will identify the nofollow sites and even strike them through if you want. Very useful tool.

•••
It is hard to get backlinks on .edu and .gov websites those are authority sites. However it gives quality link once your allowed to post link on those sites. There are list across the net but only few will allow you to get backlinks.

•••
You are right they don't give links to other sites. It is quite hard to get a link from them. And as the Hopkism says they are not much important sites.

•••
I tried this before. It is effective but it is really hard to please them. You really need to search more edu and gov sites before you start your work .

•••
I don't give much value to .gov and .edu sites. For me the story about them being almighty links is a mere myth. I don't see any reason to stress out on getting .edu and .gov backlinks. For me a backlink is good as long as it gets you traffic, has a good rank and niche-related.

Zidane

•••
Hi Guys... i have no idea about get valuable link though education and government sites like .gov and .edu
you will not find valuable edu backlinks, only some crapy ones from edu sub-sub-subpages such as blogs and forums.

•••
Geesh,,,the person asked:
Can anyone let me know How to back link from .edu and .gov site?

And no one has an answer.
Just opinions on whether they are good or not, or find them and do this.

Here is the answer:
Your best bet is to find lists of .edu and .gov sites (see none really on this forum, but on another forum, dp, you can find such lists).
Then go one at a time and comment on a story, and hope you get your comment approved (99% of the time, never).

The other way?
Will cost you money, but again, you want the backlinks, you gotta pay.
That is to find those few that will do the work for you.
Again, approval rate is horrible.

Is either worth it?
To me not, but you may find it worth it, if only to get an education.

•••
search .gov by the following keywords
keyword inurl:.gov+inurl:forum
keyword inurl:.gov+inurl:blog

•••
Honestly, I wouldnt even waste your time. I think people over value such sites, and as stated, most are no-follow anyways.

•••
Here's another way:

Write some intelligent, useful content.
Wait for them to discover it and link to you.

(^^^How one of my sites got a link on a .gov resource page)

SEO benefits? Maybe, but generates nice traffic regardless.

•••
Most are no follow if you are commenting on blogs if you are able to find them that allow comments. Comments that are irrelevant or that have a link to something spammy or involved in sales unrelated will be almost useless and maybe judged negatively.

There is also quite a bit of debate now as to whether a .edu or .gov backlink is all that worthwhile. I still tend to think so but if anyone can comment on a .edu or .gov blog to get a backlink then I tend to disagree. I think Google is smarter than that. I expect them to value those in text and in natural copy.
Agree with you, almost links from this are nofollow links. Getting backlinks from .gov site is challenge to us. It's very difficult even impossible

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back