IT.COM

C&D for domain DisneyRentalHomes.com What to do?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DotWeekly

DotWeekly FounderVIP Member
DotWeekly Staff
Impact
Hello,

I got my first C&D letter today. I know this is real, but I'm looking for some advice on what to do. I understand that Disney is a TM, but I do not see a TM for Disney Rental Homes or DisneyRentalHomes.com . Please advise on what I should do or what has happened to others in the past. I do not feel that I should have to give this domain up to Disney, if they wanted it, they should of purchased it. This just Pis*** me off!

Thanks in advance.

Jamie

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Are you joking? Hand over the friggin domain before they file a lawsuit against you and sue you! "Disney" is HUGE TM! Any domain infringing their trademark, they have the right to have. You are basically using their trademark for profit which is showing badfaith!

You don't have a chance in hell, your best bet is just to hand over the domain and carry on with registering new names! :tu:

•••
haha if you dont give them this domain asap then you deserve to get sued

•••
Disney is huge into vacation resorts and rentals in Florida, I can see why they care about this domain.

Btw, I know a lot of people who work at Disney, their legal department is almost large enough to have its own zip code, don't mess with them. A C&D is a "polite" way to enforce their trademark, it could be worse, you could be the target of Microsoft's "make an example of them in court rather than go through UDRP".

•••
I would turn over this domain asap. The last thing you'd want is to combat this, theres no way you can win.

•••
if you give it to them now you save yourself paying for a lawyer. if you decide to fight udrp, you will need to hire a lawyer to appropriatly represent yourself.

•••
No lawyer who cares about their reputation would take this.

•••
I agree. Disney is extraordinarily aggressive in defending its trademarks, and they have sort of their own enclave of housing for their employees (Celebration, FL). You can't win this one, be glad it's only a C&D. Hand it over and move on -- sorry.

ripley.

•••
OrlandoRentalHomes.com would be fine, but anything Disney would be off-limits.

•••
Thanks for all the help:) I will turn it over to them. Lesson Learned. Nice name though :)

•••
Nice enough to offload onto an unsuspecting buyer... you rotter :great:

http://www.namepros.com/domains-for-sale-make-offer/239625-massive-list-domain-all-need-go.html

Massive List of Domain~All NEED to go LOOK

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello,

I am running a Massive Domain Name sale. All offers will be considered over $10.00 usd. These domains will sell with-in 48 hours no matter what. Get in your offer asap, as many of these will sell very fast. I am very motivated to sell as I need to free up some cash for another project.
I will also consider Package Deals and if you want the whole list, send me an offer. Multi-Forum List.
Here is the list:

At http://Manage.snapnames.com

100000Votes.com REAL PR 5
AdrianBloom.com REAL PR 4
BlueInferno.com Real PR 4 $350

All at NameCheap.com

WebListing.org
MegaResorts.net
Pinks.info
BlueFins.org
BestParking.info $50 for all 5

All at RegisterFly.com

SoccerStar.info
PetitionOne.info $15 for the pair

At Cheap-DomainRegistration.com

CashBuilderPlus.com $10

At NetworkSolutions.com

56J.com $150 Firm

All at Godaddy.com

KillerDomain.net
Deen.us
eFather.net
DirtCheapDownloads.com
TheBigInfo.com
TheBigInfo.net
BloggBot.net
SecuredBox.net $40
CheapCityHomes.com
FatTax.net
GoRetro.net
Sodge.com (Dodge Typo)
Sherrie.org Personal Name
Deixe.com (Boy? 7.2 Million returns on google)
FosterChild.info $400 obo
Rosly.com
1234567.ws $10
AdThoughts.com
AnswerWiz.com
AllaPlus.com
Antipack.com
AudioTable.com
BabyTax.com
BabyXtreme.com
BlackjackBy.com
BulkNow.com
BuyMailbox.com
CafeVista.com
CareersBy.com
CashXtreme.com
CheatHere.com
Cized.com
DazzlingDay.com
DisneyRentalHomes.com
DUILawyerMichigan.com $8.00
e532.com $10
eNetCorp.com
EOOJ.com
eProSoftware.com
FishinLures.com
FitDrink.com
GKGB.com
HFKK.com
HitsBy.com
HofferGlass.com
HoldemBy.com
HunterBlue.com
Inermedia.com
JRDJ.com
JustJewIt.com
KnifeTray.com
LuckTips.com
MidwestLumberjack.com (Links)
MiniRecord.com
MoviesBy.com
MyCarDied.com
MySiteData.com
NitroTax.com
NixonPark.com
PicBy.com
PicsBy.com
Poker71.com $7.00
PinTable.com
RadioCycle.com
RatesBy.com
RateTatas.com
SeekLeader.com
TeaBuying.com
TheDry.com
TheoryBox.com
ViewApt.com
WebMailNow.com
WebFantom.com
WebReferal.com
YNBL.com

At Enom.com

WatchDishTV.com
TrueJokes.com
TrueHell.com
DigitalSweepstakes.com

Most domains have about 1 year on registration, but please check who is to see actual date. Please send all offers with domain name to [email protected] . This is the same address for Paypal.com

Thank you,
Jamie
DomainClaimer

•••
The only question before the ban is - which came first - the sales post or the c&d. And clearly this post came before the sales post.

Ban him for life. This is just garbage and no excuse will cover it over so don't bother with the "oh it was in there by mistake" kind of crap.

All over domain selling forums this kind of garbage is going on. I say zero tolerance - no excuses - no second chances.

Get lost scammer.

•••
jamie31877 said:
Hello,

I got my first C&D letter today. I know this is real, but I'm looking for some advice on what to do. I understand that Disney is a TM, but I do not see a TM for Disney Rental Homes or DisneyRentalHomes.com . Please advise on what I should do or what has happened to others in the past. I do not feel that I should have to give this domain up to Disney, if they wanted it, they should of purchased it. This just Pis*** me off!

Thanks in advance.

Jamie

quoting original message for posterity...gonna check other domainer forums to see if they are attempting to cross sell this

•••
Tsk :|
Since the C&D has been ignored I wouldn't be surprised to see the lawyers get angry. Good luck with them D-:

•••
Terrible behavior. No time for this crap, it hurts all of us. So ............................

To: [email protected]
Sent: Thursday, September 21, 2006 7:15 AM
Subject: Domain name C&D letter.

You recently sent a C&D letter to the owner of domain DisneyRentalHomes.com who, it seems, chose to ignore your letter and instead tried to sell the domain.

You may find this thread on the domain industry's leading forum interesting as it relates to this case:

http://www.namepros.com/legal-issues-and-disputes/233196-c-d-domain-disneyrentalhomes-com-what.html

In spite of our negative perception in mainstream business you can see that the domain industry was very clear on the right thing to do in this case and the advice was still ignored. I don't think too many people would lose sleep over it if you decided to make an example of this guy.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back