IT.COM

question Buying overpriced domain

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Truespin Domains

Top Member
Impact
There's a domain I want that's on undeveloped with a minimum offer of 3k. It's in my country's extension and is free in loads of common extensions. It's also an uncommon name with no wider meaning.

It's worth a few hundred at best, and that's pushing it.

What's the best way to approach? Offer 3k and then say not willing to pay that much when they get in contact? I'd use a throwaway email, so to avoid the silly "this is legally binding" nonsense on undeveloped.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
🚩

Regarding the sentence "BUYING OVERPRICED DOMAIN" (title of this thread) and regardless of what is the actual discussion here, I have to say, that if...

...someone buys an "overpriced" domain, it was obviously not overpriced because otherwise it would not have been sold.

It more had the "right price" because it sold.

Last edited:
•••
$1,455

Estibot < $500

As I've tried to make clear. This really is a case of an okay domain having an ott price tag and no way to make contact with the owner.

I have spent many thousands on single domain names in the past, and have no qualms doing so when they are worth it.

But this isn't even really about price. It's about how people could be missing out on sales because of listing decisions.

As above, I'm not pursuing this anymore. Someone else will likely be getting my money...
Usually in that price range, it is a pretty low level domain without much similar keyword sales history.

•••
If they have some minimum offer set, that means they will not accept anything lower then that (in most cases).

There are rules in place, and those rules have meaning. Sellers do not appreciate all those low ball offers and tricks. It happend to me several times, and it is just pure waste of time.

So if you like the domain pay for it, and if you think it is overpriced, try to get a close alternative, for reg fee :)

•••
Curious to know your country code?

Have you checked whether he listed to other marketplaces?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back