Domain Empire

question Buying .ai for .com registered names - Trademark infringement?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

felilah

Established Member
Impact
So I was looking around to buy .ai domains. One of them got purchased literally two minutes after I searched and added it to cart??!

The other .ai domain is apparently an AI-based company sitting on a registered .com domain. Estibot values it at $5000. Would it be wise to purchase the domain? Would it be a trademark infringement? Can somebody shed some light on how trademark infringement actually works in domaining? I searched and found that the company obviously has its name trademarked. However, the .ai domain is still not taken. Is there a possibility I could sell the domain to the same company even though they already have the .com registered?

All advices are appreciated as I am a total noob here :giggle:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
So I was looking around to buy .ai domains. One of them got purchased literally two minutes after I searched and added it to cart??!

:giggle:
Which domain registrar did you use?

Did you use any other tools or sites where you used the same name to evaluate or check any info before you added it to the cart?

Missing within 2 mins seems not a coincident, unless you got the name idea from somewhere else which was available to other people as well.

•••
Which domain registrar did you use?

Did you use any other tools or sites where you used the same name to evaluate or check any info before you added it to the cart?

Missing within 2 mins seems not a coincident, unless you got the name idea from somewhere else which was available to other people as well.
I use Namecheap.

I did get the domain name idea from an email newsletter. It is kind of an up and coming ai chatbot, so probably was gonna get registered soon anyway.

The other domain is still unregistered though. I’m sitting on it fearing the trademark infringement.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back