Domain Empire

Buying a domain of a famous Facebook page

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Amir D

Established Member
Impact
Hello , I found a facebook page with more than 12 million likes and it's very famous and active in middle east and their exact domain name .com isn't took yet and it's familiar in google search.
is it wrong to take it as its their brand , also for how much average can I sell it ??

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Hi, in contrary of @WhiteScreen advice, i'll advise you to make a thouroughal investigation wether this brand is trademarked. If so, they could file a UDRP against you (= sue you).
If it is not trademarked you can register but then again, what if they don't want it? I believe there's a reason why they haven't registered this domain yet, and sometimes a facebook page is enough for some types of businesses.
You can't only count on selling the domain name to the facebook page. In general - I believe you should have at least a couple of potential end-users when buying a domain name.

May I ask where your'e from?

Good luck!

•••
it's not a business page and also I don't think that it's trademarked , but it's a big active page ,they have a website under construction but not with the same word maybe be because their name is complicated or maybe they just dont care which I think a big mistake cause the name has traffic on google
I bought the domain , it's just 1$ with a coupon code so I will not loose that much
I live in egypt and the domain industry is not big there and not advanced and people are not interested so I think there is some possibility to take some advantages
but I dont know how to let them buy it
Thanks

•••
If it is like you stated, there's definitely not much to lose and it is worth the shot.
I live in Israel, and am experiencing the same feel about the domain industry here as you do in Egypt.

I wish you luck with the sale though!

•••
Another israeli is always nice .
whats your phone number , i wannt send you i a question /advice :)

•••
it's not a business page and also I don't think that it's trademarked , but it's a big active page ,they have a website under construction but not with the same word maybe be because their name is complicated or maybe they just dont care which I think a big mistake cause the name has traffic on google
I bought the domain , it's just 1$ with a coupon code so I will not loose that much
I live in egypt and the domain industry is not big there and not advanced and people are not interested so I think there is some possibility to take some advantages
but I dont know how to let them buy it
Thanks

This is not good practice in business. I doubt they will want it if they could have registered it themselves for $10

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back