NameSilo

Buying 2 domains at the same time using a broker

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

businessstartup

Impact
I want to purchase 2 domains using a broker. Both are owned by the same person. (They're slight variations on the same name - one is spelled out and the other is abbreviated.) Obviously I don't just want one of the domains - I want both. It's not worth it to just buy one. Does anyone know how I can get a broker to purchase both at the same time? I looked into Afternic, but they said I have to do it separately, which seems crazy. (I really don't want to use Sedo, as I don't like that the minumum my max offer can be on each domain is $500.) Anybody??? Thanks!

(By the way - I tried contacting the owner of the domains myself, but haven't had any luck. It's a private registration, and I don't think my emails are getting through.)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
:talk:

if your emails are not getting thru, then what makes you think some else's email will get thru?

especially if you using "126.com, qq.com, hotmail, yahoo or gmail to send inquires.

also, if you aren't prepared to offer more than the $500 minimum @ sedo, then what makes you think the owner will sell?

I say, keep trying to make contact on your own and if they don't respond, find another name.

imo....

•••
Should I send a letter to the P.O. box listed? Maybe that shows I'm serious about purchasing? (Assuming it will be forwarded to her, since it's a private registration?)

•••
Should I send a letter to the P.O. box listed? Maybe that shows I'm serious about purchasing? (Assuming it will be forwarded to her, since it's a private registration?)

If you sent the emails to the email address with the whois data guarded, it will almost always be discarded. I know this because I work at a registrar and transfer confirmation emails never arrive to the customer if whois privacy service is enabled. If you go to the sites, does it give you a link to inquire about a purchase? Sometimes parked domains do that. Sending a letter to the P.O. box will probably not be worth it.

Also, the minimum offer very well may go up since it's normally used as a started price for negotiation. As biggie said, if you aren't prepared to offer more than $500, you might want to consider a different name (preferably with a buy it now price).

Last edited:
•••
What makes you think they would sell these 2 domains for <$1000. I probably wouldn't. They are also making it difficult for any potential buyer by having whois privacy, so they might not even want to sell these domains. I'd move on to some other domains.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back